Simon the Tanner - latest

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 3 of 6
Julie Tuesday 3 May 2005 3.17pm
Hope to be in there tonight to quaff an ale or two ... thy were working very hard in there over the gloriously sunny weekend ...
Plum Tuesday 3 May 2005 3.22pm
Sounds like we should try it out - just need to recover from my cider quaffing a bit first!
Shall expect a detailed report tomorrow Julie (like whether they still have Oranjeboom on tap ...)
Samuel Friday 6 May 2005 10.16pm
It's open now. Had a beer in there and enjoyed it, even if it doesn't seem quite as cosy as it was ... but it is going through a transition stage: I spoke to the "caretaker" managers ... the new managers are in within the next few weeks.

There will be food.

Best news of all is that, finally, it's open 7 days a week.
Julie Saturday 7 May 2005 9.27am
Hope the new managers are able to give it some character/atmosphere/heart/decor - we went in for an early evening drink and it felt very empty and bland (or should I say flat and spiritless whilst I am referring to a pub). On the positive side there was Strongbow for the cider drinkers (TFIC)!! Oranjeeboom has gone and there is one bitter (Bank's smoothflow). Kettles crisps have gone, replaced by Walkers and Quavers and Nobby's nuts. Didn't check the loos to see if previous informative decor had survived.

I appreciate it might be a transitional period but IMHO surely they should stay shut until new managers are installed and they put their mark on the place. It has nothing special going for it at the moment so surely that will put off previous/new clientele? I know this will affect the takings but so will disappointing people who will vote with their feet.
violet Tuesday 10 May 2005 9.12am
Hello there, I'm in touch with the soon to be manager of Simon The Tanner and he has asked me to let you know that he is more than happy to consider any suggestions you may have for the pub. Although he cannot guarantee the return of your much loved oranjeeboom, kettles crisps should not be a problem! Any other comments or suggestions would greatly be appreciated via this website or in person after the changeover of management (approx 2 weeks).
Thanks very much!
barkyhead Tuesday 10 May 2005 9.26am
Why not have some real beer and cider?
Plum Tuesday 10 May 2005 9.44am
I vote for some good cider on tap too, especially with summer on it's way - Old Rosie perhaps?
barkyhead Tuesday 10 May 2005 9.48am
I thought you said good cider?
jackie rokotnitz Tuesday 10 May 2005 11.01am
How soon is the "soon to be" management coming into force? Can we have chips?
dee dee Tuesday 10 May 2005 11.30am
Violet

what kind of pub are the new management aiming for?
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 3 of 6

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions