Simon the Tanner - latest

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 5 of 6
Samuel Tuesday 10 May 2005 9.22pm
I'd also quite like the pub to be open. At 10.10 this evening (Tuesday), it was not.
violet Wednesday 11 May 2005 1.58pm
Oh dear, it certainly should not have been closed at that time! Sorry about that.

A big thanks to you all for the suggestions, they are very much appreciated and are being passed to the new manager for consideration. Decent pub food and a good supply of cider is a must! Do keep them coming, I will keep you posted when there is a definite starting date for the new manager.

Thanks again!
JonR Wednesday 11 May 2005 4.29pm
also - either a juke box or, a music system behind the bar, with a decent mix of music, so that most peoples tastes are covered (not too loud though obviously - you don't want people to leave because they can't hear each other)
jackie rokotnitz Wednesday 11 May 2005 5.29pm
Oh PULEEEEZ not masses of loud music. It sends us fleeing in the other direction. A bit of smoochy background is fine but PLEASE no heavy metal.
Samuel Wednesday 11 May 2005 7.10pm
Music though. Music like they used to have. A good MOR mix. It's hopeless without music in there at the moment.
a man called Tharg Thursday 12 May 2005 9.24am
Orwell's description of the perfect pub: http://homepage.mac.com/davidclifford/orwell.html
Interesting too, his ideas on music in a pub. Samuel's
“A good MOR mix. It's hopeless without music in there at the moment”
and JonR's
“Either a juke box or, a music system behind the bar, with a decent mix of music, so that most peoples tastes are covered”
don't really appeal to me, and I think that Simon The Tanner is too small for the string quartet I was proposing for the best pub in the area http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/27923/page=2 but perhaps a small Dean Organ may be installed?
froggy Thursday 12 May 2005 11.31am
The Mapmaker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> >>Sounds very cheap for the area I thought.
>
> For how long a lease?

It looked like it was the freehold.

OscarMascott Friday 20 May 2005 4.50pm
They've got a sign outside advertising for customers today. "Customer's wanted 18+, Equal opportunities"
Samuel Friday 20 May 2005 5.10pm
Yeah, that's been there for a few days -- seems a little desperate.

Looks like they've got a juke box, as well.

Message to new owners: ATMOSPHERE! Give it some ATMOS! Also, why should I drink there if I never know if it's going to be open or not? It was closed on Saturday.

There's no reason this shouldn't be a profitable little pub, but needs to have normal pub hours, it needs food, and it needs the edge taken off the white-paint job.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 20 May 2005 5.13pm by Samuel.
paulh Saturday 4 June 2005 11.59pm
Went to check it out this afternoon - shut.

Is it only open weekdays?
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 5 of 6

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions