Sofas in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
deepali Saturday 16 April 2005 7.42pm
Hello! Can anyone help? My sofa has finally given up the ghost and when two people sit on it they end up being much closer than they imagined before. Can anyone recommend any sofa shops in the SE1 area or nearby which stock a decent range of sofas/sofabeds? Thanks!
The Lady Miss Jo Jo Saturday 16 April 2005 8.03pm
I got mine (one sofa, one sofabed) from Habitat - free delivery to SE1. I bought them about 5 years ago, and was really impressed with their delivery service - I had to change the delivery date about five times because my completion date on the flat kept being delayed, and they were very accommodating and ended up delivering the sofas about 2 hours after I moved in. Perfect.. My sister bought hers from Harvey's near Tesco - they've got a pretty good range in there, too.
sarahmc Monday 18 April 2005 11.46am
I'd agree with Habitat, I just got mine from there and they delivered it and some other stuff free, and were really accomodating about times, they rang me to let me know they were half an hour away so that I could make sure I was in.
And the sofa itself is beautiful!
Jan the old one Monday 18 April 2005 12.47pm
go the heart foundation first in old kent road......on left hand side just past bricklayers opposite east street almost..you get some real bargains there, well worth going back a few times if they have nothing that you like as they have frequent deliveries., it may save a few bob!
Jan the old one Monday 18 April 2005 12.49pm
go the heart foundation first in old kent road......on left hand side just past bricklayers opposite east street almost..you get some real bargains there, well worth going back a few times if they have nothing that you like as they have frequent deliveries., it may save a few bob!

I got my sofa bed from Morleys at brixton several years ago, it cost 700...I thought it was a lot to pay, but it has a proper mattress and springs and the staff were well informed. just added that bit!

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions