Good all round builders

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 17 April 2005 7.19pm
Hi all, I am looking for a builder(s) to do a fair amount of "renovation" to my flat (painting, new bathroom, new kitchen, boiler etc) and was wondering if anyone knew of any good, good value, reliable and competent builders in the area (or in London)? I think that it is a fair job (basically re-doing a 2 bed flat) but thought to check here first instead of taking a risky gamble from the Yellow Pages.
Monday 18 April 2005 1.04pm
Michaelme and my offspring were really impressed by a large ad. in the yellow pages....' Established 30 years, family business, Member of the Guild of master craftsman etc.,' accompanied by a photo of professional looking guys..in essence my poor daughter was ripped off by a posse of cowboys...at the moment we are still attempting to: get the shoddy work sorted out, recompense for damage internal to decorating and have handed it over to the people she got mortgage from.

at the risk of repeating myself ignore any member of master guilds etc., as only one subscription needs to be payed , then ad is placed in directories...:-(

the guild said they had no way helping, it seems to me I could be a brain surgeon if i paid a subscription to the right organisation....
Monday 18 April 2005 1.15pm
There were some suggestions and contact details in this thread last month - don't let the title put you off !

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/31882
Wednesday 20 April 2005 4.15pm
All building work and refurbishment works undertaken,
i.e
Plastering, plumbing
Carpentry, flooring, fitted kitchens,
Tiling, brick / block work, pointing,
Painting / decorating,
Decking.

THE COMPLETE JOB.

TEL IAN 07981443988
OR GEORGE 07865079422

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: