Garden centre in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5
Monday 18 April 2005 9.09am
Can anyone help me in my search for somewhere nearby, that's open either late evenings or weekends, where I can get simple basic gardening supplies, please (compost and canes, really. Nothing more fancy than that).

Thanks

(The nearer to Gt Dover St the better, as if I can't carry it home I'll have to tie it on to the back of my scooter somehow).

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 18 April 2005 10.44am
B&Q, Old Kent Rd - OK for simple stuff but don't ask them any complicated horticultural questions or you'll clear the floor of staff.
Monday 18 April 2005 11.17am
Ivanhoe, the garage just round the corner from me sells compost..( was safeways..now morrisons) they also do weed cover sheet etc.,New Kent Road..
Monday 18 April 2005 11.38am
Oh Jan, that's great. Do you mean the one I'd get to if I went down Harper Rd, onto NKR, and turned left? (Just before Bricklayers' Arms if you're coming from E&C)?

Monday 18 April 2005 12.45pm
Yes love...:-) they only have a few items but saves you lugging them back on a bus....my canes i had to get from b and q.....
Monday 18 April 2005 1.31pm
Great, fantastic, super, thanks a lot Jan.

It's a lot easier for me if I can get the heavy stuff from nearby. A bag of compost just about straps onto the back of my scooter, but it looks (and feels) a but unstable and so I don't like to chance my arm on longer trips in case I end up having to justify to the police that I'm not dangerously heavily laden. And I can go to B&Q for canes.

Tomato power!!

Monday 18 April 2005 3.14pm
Has your rustrider rusted itself to smithereens then? I could pick up some bits and pieces for you in the car from time to time if yo like. For tomatoes I suggest a visit to the farm for manure. I try and avoid peat-based compost as it is unecological and doesn't contain that much nutrient.
Monday 18 April 2005 9.07pm
Car fine, and looking forward to returning to its natural environment (at the Big Apple). Just don't like to drive it in London, really. It always seems such an effort. Got a nicely sized bag of peat-free compost strapped on the back of the scooter on the way home with the smallest of detours (thanks Jan). Just need to get more canes now, and we're sorted. Will do that tomorrow.

Thanks for the offer of help, Jo. See you soon.

Monday 18 April 2005 10.11pm
Am imagining Ivanhoe and enormous bag of compost wobbling their way between the cars.
Monday 18 April 2005 11.29pm
Tesco at Old Kent Road have small bags of compost (just a bit bigger than half a normal bag).
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: