Black and Blue - new restaurant

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 18 April 2005 12.25pm
Finally an real meat eaters place is opening up in London Bridge.

All we need now is a italian pasta place, a decent coffee shop with more seating than Monmouth, and a top notch Chinese r'rant.

A fitting addition to the Borough Market.

Does anyone know what is happening with the new Borough Market stands or even the new Roast Restaurant (Cinnamon Club)? What is happening there is such a shambles. Appalling management!

I think the all the Borough Market Trustees should be made to resign! A complete neglect of their responsibilities to the community.
Monday 18 April 2005 12.36pm
Where is Black & Blue opening?

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 18 April 2005 12.47pm
It is going to be sited in the arches opposite Feng Sushi / Wine Wharf, next to the Floral Hall bit of the market.

lalous - I think Monmouth are doing their best to find ways of expanding but for various reasons haven't yet done so. The area of new cages fronted by the floral hall is in the process of being occupied by the meat vendors - Ginger Pig, Peter Gott, Farmer Sharpe - and the small cage is for the chap who sells pasties and pies. I believe Turnips will eventually move back to the area under their glass box office.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 18 April 2005 12.55pm by janefs.
Monday 18 April 2005 12.50pm
Feng what?!? Oh dear, oh dear....
Monday 18 April 2005 12.56pm
I don't make 'em up....
Monday 18 April 2005 2.35pm
Feng Sushi is extremely important, especially for residents of gastroflats, who tend to have very little space and a lot of bad chi to redirect.

By using small slivers of strategically positioned raw fish, residents of said gastro"pods" can effectively combat your dragon's claw style of scoffing, Mr Bridger., while they wait for the Occado van to come.

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 18 April 2005 3.54pm
lalous, there are already some real meat eater's places in the area. You'll find that the restaurants run by members of our vibrant South American community, serve meat almost to the point of excluding any other item on the menu. As for pasta, Castello at the E&C, is well worth a visit.
Wednesday 20 April 2005 10.17am
A bit further down the Walworth Road, La Luna is also a good italian that gets a good write-up in Time Out. Last time I was in there, Mad Frankie Fraser of 60's gangland fame was in, so what more recommendation could you want? :-)
Wednesday 20 April 2005 10.38am
Nah. Frankie wasn't there. He was wiv me having a jar or two. So he couldn't have done it could he. Honest guv. Know what I mean
Wednesday 20 April 2005 10.52am
By coincidence I've just had the programme for next month's Lambeth Readers' and Writers' Festival...

History in your lunch hour
Monday 9 May, 1-2.30pm
'Mad' Frankie Fraser in conversation with local history librarian Anna Robinson. Waterloo born and bred Frankie will be talking about his memories of his life and times in and around Waterloo.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: