What's happened to the Tabard Gardens Tenants Meetings

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 18 April 2005 12.23pm
Hi

I used to go to the area 4 meetings for the residents of Tabard Gardens, and although there were never many attending I found it useful for asking questions (and actually getting answers :-) ). However, theres not been any advertised in ages.

Does anyone know why? I heard on the grapevine that there'd been a mass resignation of sorts by the tenant management commitee, but can't seem to get a definite answer on this. When I've rang the office, I was told they should be starting again soon, but they're not sure when.

John.
Sal
Monday 18 April 2005 12.42pm
Almost as bad a Guinness Trust AGM's.
Monday 18 April 2005 12.44pm
Hello Sal! Good to meet you yesterday!
Monday 18 April 2005 3.18pm
You're right, John. There is meant to be an independently - organised election sometime, but no-one seems in much of a hurry to get it off the ground. In the meantime, the staff are working under the direction of the council rather than residents, and the relevant people seem to be on leave every time I ask what is going on. I've had to find all this out through the grapevine - I have not seen any posters or newslatters explaining anything to the residents. My emails to the TMC to ask what was going on were not answered for weeks.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: