Southwark News

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 5 September 2002 12.35pm
Can I recommend the much improved Southwark News (out every Thursday) - it seems to cover many of the issues raised in this forum - history, new buildings etc . I have given up buying the depressing South London Press - which seems only to report crime - in its favour.
Thursday 5 September 2002 9.25pm
Yes, second to SE1 of course, Southwark News is really good. Didn't the editor recently take over this paper?
Thursday 5 September 2002 10.55pm
Yes, I agree that the Southwark News is much improved of late.

I didn't realise until recently that when David Clark (the founder) died a few years ago the paper was rescued by Barry Albin-Dyer, the well-know Bermondsey funeral director ( As Kate says he has now sold the paper to the joint editors.

According to last week's Press Gazette, the circulation has more than doubled in the last few years

I wonder if the South London Press will do any thing to hit back at the improved S'wark News? When the News went weekly, we briefly got a 'Southwark Local' supplement in the SLP, but it was soon dropped.

The SLP's sales in SE1 are hardly spectacular - our SE1 Direct email newsletter has more subscribers than the SLP Tuesday edition sells in SE1 (source: JICREG)
Monday 9 September 2002 11.04am
Southwark News is smashing...I love Debra Goslings pages on past times...I always turn to that first.
Tuesday 10 September 2002 12.59pm
Where can I buy Southwark News from? It sounds just what I've been looking for.
Tuesday 10 September 2002 11.44pm
Available every Thursday from most newsagents in Southwark for 30p

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: