Post Office at Newington Butts

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 5 September 2002 6.58pm
Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere - but has the post office at Newington Butts closed? Went there today and it was all locked up? I remember discussions about it some time ago, but I thought it was being saved.
Thursday 5 September 2002 11.51pm
According to this week's Southwark News, the row is ongoing between Consignia, Southwark Council and the prospective operator of the new sub post office
Friday 6 September 2002 4.19pm
The lease expired on the old office. Consignia decided not to renew it and suggested people use Borough, Walworth Rd etc offices instead. I think someone with Latin American connections wanted to set up a replacement office with a sort of Latin American theme on the top floor of the shopping centre. It's now descended into squabbles about money (it costs thousands to set up an office and Consignia have to be convinced there is a sound business case), so now nothing will happen for 10 years in the usual E&C way.
Tuesday 17 September 2002 9.21am
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I hope something does get sorted - it's a real pain not having a Post Office nearby.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: