Bankside Restaurant

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 22 August 2001 10.16pm
Visited Bankside Restaurant (Sumner Street) recently and was very disappointed. We were served bland food and 'easy cook' rice, can you believe it? Plus they had 'attitude' !!!! Pull your socks up Bankside before the competition does it for you.
Wednesday 29 August 2001 12.07pm
I'm very surprised as I always enjoy eating there and think their menus are innovative and nicely cooked and the portions generous. Plus the service has always been friendly. The last time I went I asked for extra bread and also a doggy bag at the end and they were more than happy to accomodate. On another occasion, I didn't like the house wine and they changed it without charging me.

The owners usually take time to speak to the customers and have told me they are consciously trying to cater for locals rather than the tourist trade, which keeps the prices reasonable and provides a more relaxed atmosphere. I also like the fact that they change the menus daily. I recently took two catering professionals there who were also impressed. I wouldn't write them off just yet!
Friday 7 September 2001 11.10am
I'm with Eleanor on this - always found great service, they're keen to listen to suggestions, and recognised and welcomed us back after we'd been a couple of times.Food isn't gourmet, but better than many in that bracket.

Defintely worth a visit if you're local and want an alternative to 'Tas' or 'Fish!'...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: