Jumble and stuff

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 23 April 2005 3.02pm
Hi all,

It's spring clean time and I find I've got a hallway of assorted jumble, ranging from a few old clothes to videos, cassettes, old electrical equipment , assorted glasses and other stuff.

In the past I've taken some stuff down to the Geranium shop on Walworth Road, but last time parking was nigh impossible to drop it off and trafic wardens were just waiting to get me.

Does anyone know of a good home for this stuff, or other charity shops or local charity that might be interested? Whoever will need to collect from Tooley Street area.

Also does anyone know if I can recycle broken computers and other electrical equipment etc at the Manor Road recycling centre? The web site doesn't make it clear.

Thanks

Tosh
Saturday 23 April 2005 7.30pm
Tosh,

I dont know the answers about Manor Place, but there are better ways of getting rid of your stuff:

Dead computers go to CRISP http://www.crispej.org.uk/waste/waste.htm but you have to deliver them to 7-9 Brandon St (close to manor place). Tel. 7703-5222. They break them up and recycle the component, whereas if you dump them at Manor Place (or elsewhere) they will go to landfill. (To anyone that has working computer equipment or indeed other office gear eg. furniture to dispose of, CRISP may collect them, then refurbish and distribute for minimal cost to charities etc.)

Other stuff (even some stuff that needs repair) can be re-homed via the Freecycle group which has been mentioned before on the forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FreecycleLondon/. Freecycle is WONDERFUL. Everyone should use it.
Sunday 24 April 2005 12.04pm
Geranium will collect weekdays. They do so after our Bazaars (next one not til August though otherwise we'd have been glad of the stuff).

Geranium Charity Shop for the Blind, 397 Walworth Road, SE17 T: 7708 3866 I think the person to speak to is Tina or perhaps it's Lorraine at the warehouse but I don't seem to have the number on me, but the shop will know.
Sunday 24 April 2005 3.33pm
Thanks Ms Jo - RecycleLondon was great. Got rid of the old DVD player in seconds. Will now use this for other stuff..

And also thanks to Cathy. I'll call that number tomorrow and see if they want the things. BTW if you want to drop me a line before your next Bazaar I'll let you have anything I have waiting to dispose of. I'm trying to declutter...

Tosh
Sunday 24 April 2005 9.32pm
There's the charity shop in Guy's Hospital which is local and it's easy to unload there too.
Friday 19 August 2005 10.21am
Kennington BAZAAR Saturday, 20th August 11am until 2pm St Anselm's Church Hall
BAZAAR

Saturday, 20th August

11am until 2pm

St Anselm's Church Hall

Kennington Cross SE11

(at the junction of Kennington Lane and Kennington Road)

New and nearly new items, books, tombola, bric-a-brac, cakes, jumble, etc: If you have items you would be willing to donate - they can all be delivered to the church hall on the Friday evening (19th August) between 5.30-8pm - or on the Saturday morning between 9am-10am.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: