Potters Fields Park

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 24 April 2005 9.13pm
Potters Fields Park is looking a bit sorry for itself these days - please join me in this 'Prayer for Potters Fields Park':

KIS - KIG:
KIT - KIC.

Keep it Simple, Keep it Green:
Keep it Tidy, Keep it Clean.

Perhaps the council will hear us.
Sunday 24 April 2005 9.25pm
Potter's Field is being refurbished at a cost of something in the region of 1,500,000 in the not so distant future.
Monday 25 April 2005 9.35am
Have they submitted any details on what they have finally decided to do yet Philip?
Monday 25 April 2005 8.29pm
Anyone know why none of the lights are working Potters Field and who is the contact at Southwark to get them fixed?

Or is everything awaiting the new Trust...?

Monday 25 April 2005 9.30pm
I'm not sure of the absolute final design for Potters. Alan Chapman might be able to shed more light on this. I know from my experience with St.John's that the "final" design changed dramatically once the quotes from contractors came in.

Southwark Parks should be maintaining the lighting and there will then be a 3 to 5 year contract to maintain the park as part of the refurbishment. It will be after that when the Trust will have to take on the responsibility of maintaining it and raising the funds to do so.
Monday 25 April 2005 9.38pm
Philip Oakley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Potter's Field is being refurbished at a cost of
> something in the region of 1,500,000 in the not
> so distant future.
>

One and a half million? Blimey! What on earth are they spending all that on? Can't they get Groundforce in intead?

Monday 25 April 2005 9.59pm
Sorry one and all - the price of plants has gone up. The budget is now 2,600.000. I don't know how they will manage!
Monday 25 April 2005 10.47pm
This seems an obscene amount of money when the marginal benefit is going to be relatively small. St.John's cost around 500,000 and it's not that much smaller.
Tuesday 26 April 2005 5.58am
I totally agreee Philip.
Tuesday 10 May 2005 7.33pm
I went to another meeting this afternoon regarding the setting up of a trust to look after the park. Southwark now are only prepared to offer a twenty five year lease whereas we had previously assumed a ninety nine year lease was on offer. However that should be long enough to see me out!
Another point which disturbed me was that Southwark do not seem to regard the park as a permanent open space. They have tried to put in a clause in the lease giving them the right to terminate the lease at six months notice if they want to redevelop the park!!
I think local residents should try and clear this point up with their councillors.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: