Cable TV Provider?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 23 August 2001 11.52am
Can anyone tell me who provides the CableTV services in this area?
James
Thursday 23 August 2001 11.59am
Not sure if all of SE1 is in the same cable franchise area, but we\'re in an NTL (ex-Videotron) area.

James
Wednesday 29 August 2001 9.57pm
I spoke to NTL yesterday and was told that they would be providing services in London from September, but there again they told me two days previous that I could be connected immediately - take your pick.
Thursday 30 August 2001 4.53pm
NTL's left hand does not know what NTL's right hand is doing. They provide us in Searles Road with cable TV but cannot provide us with a telephone service. Despite sending us leaflets telling us that NTL Digital is available in Searles Road, when we ring up to order it we are told it is not. NTL = Not Till Later
CK
Tuesday 4 September 2001 5.20pm
Very true. Don't go near NTL

Apart from handing out leaflets claiming digital was available a good 18 months before it actually was.

They then reassured us that transfering our upgrading cable would be a doddle.

I took the day off work. The van arrived. The driver got out took a look at the box got back in the van and drove off . Didn't even bother to ring the doorbell !!!!!!!!!!!.

I rang the office and apparently its noy available in our area after all.

After that we told them to take cable away as well. Haven't missed it all
Jan
Sunday 9 September 2001 7.42pm
someone has theirs wires crossed......I live in Bartholomew Street, the other side of the road, I have two NTL telephone lines , and two digital boxes, (saves arguments!) mind you we can not use the new controls for increasing volumne, and are no longer to access teletext as we could prior to NEW IMPROVED DIGITAL, we could get it before, and they stopped the games and quizzes we would could get initially on videotron.
the control buttons are pathetically small, heaven help anyone with bad eyes and large fingers
Apart from that if it's films you are interested in they repeat constantly. Alright if you are a football fan though......I hate the bloody thing tho'.....

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: