Charity shops - clothes

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 2 May 2005 11.08am
Hi,

I've got a couple of bin liners of old clothes, most of which are in reasonable nick. Does anyone know of a charity shop near Waterloo that would take them? I checked Yell, and it only came up with the British Heart Foundation on Old Kent Road, but they're only a furniture shop - they suggested their branch in Catford!

thanks
Monday 2 May 2005 1.20pm
Friends of Guys Hospital Shop at Guy's Hospital.
Monday 2 May 2005 6.16pm
Cancer Research or Scope in Camberwell.
Tuesday 3 May 2005 7.42am
There aren't really any within bin bag lugging distance of Waterloo. There are Oxfam or Humana bins at the Imperial War Museum, opposite Notre Dame School, also outside the pub next to the Waterloo Millennium Green. There is a MInd shop off Union Road past the Sainsbury's Nine Elms; they always seem overwhelmed by people decluttering. Or check the SLP for jumble Sales this weekend.
Anonymous User
Tuesday 3 May 2005 8.17am
Aren't there charity shops down Lower Marsh Street?
Tuesday 3 May 2005 5.31pm
I'm confused as I think there IS - however I also fear it could be a bona fide clothes shop that just resembles one - hence have never had the gall to lug the bin liner in there just in case. . . .if anyone can confirm that would be helpful
Thursday 5 May 2005 4.05pm
There are 4 or 5 on the Walworth Road.
jw
Sunday 2 September 2007 7.29am
just to add to this post - I am based near borough tube and have a few bin bags of clothes but no car. Does anyone know of anywhere nearby?

thanks
Zoe
Sunday 2 September 2007 7.56am
You might be able to use a textile recycling bin. However, the Southwark website unhelpfully doesn't detail where these are. It just says that some recycing sites will take clothes and textiles, and has maps to show where recycling sites are.

Unless you want to walk around them looking to see what they do (what an appealing journey that sounds), you could try ringing on 75252000 and ask them.

I'm going to email them to ask them to detail it better.
jw
Sunday 2 September 2007 9.26am
Hi Zoe - thanks for that. Southwark council unhelpful? Surely not?!

Hopefully there will be somewhere near by I can take these clothes - seems awful to have to throw them away just because I have no transport!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: