South American Elephant and Castle

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
softhands Tuesday 3 May 2005 2.32pm
Has anyone got a favourite among all the South American eateries?
connie Tuesday 3 May 2005 4.37pm
On Saturday, I went to the Colombian restaurant located on the first floor of the E&C shopping centre for the first time. Portions were huge and if you like meat, this is the place to go...It felt a bit awkward in the beginning as there seem to be only South Americans dining there but the staff was very friendly. My boyfriend was enchanted and wants to go again very soon.
Mr Bridger Tuesday 3 May 2005 5.12pm
Not been to this one but heard great reports. I would also recomend the Columbian place on OKR for a similar experience.
a man called Tharg Tuesday 3 May 2005 6.02pm
http://www.labodeguita.co.uk/restaurant/find-us.asp
I've been, and rather like it - it can be a little noisy - as connie says, huge portions of meat. The Bolivian place in the OKR, although a little basic, produces similar. There's a place just off Borough High Street I used to visit for the occasional lunch, although I can't remember what it's called.
Siduhe Tuesday 3 May 2005 6.27pm
Tharg,

Do you mean Tito's on the approach to London Bridge Station ?

See here for the SE1 review and here for the last discussion we had about it...complete with obligatory guinea pig reference...[edited to say] by you...

Edited 2 times. Last edit at 3 May 2005 6.31pm by Siduhe.
lagse1 Tuesday 3 May 2005 6.28pm
I think you mean El Vergel on Lant Street possibly?
a man called Tharg Tuesday 3 May 2005 6.33pm
Thanks Siduhe and lagse1 for having better memories than me. It was El Vergel. I wish I could stop being so....err..........um............vague.
dg Tuesday 3 May 2005 9.05pm
And what do we think of Fina Estampa (is it still there? - I haven't been for some time). I have always enjoyed it, both the food and the view from the window, which was wonderful until they put 'One London' blocks in the line of sight to Tower Bridge.
softhands Thursday 12 May 2005 9.49pm
Tried Fina De Estampoa- service was appalingly curt , much prefered the atmosphere at Titos and the food at Titos.Staff ast Fina were not helpful when it came to looking at an unfamiliar menu.

La BoDeguta was smashing on a weekend. Filled to the gills with Colombians , yet staff made sure we felt at home. I recommend the Plantain+with cheese and guava dish (tastes amazingly like Goreng Pisang-a Malysian dish) , also the Argentian steak is massive and you may want to hbuild a large appetite first, Full of atmosphere- I say give it a go.
James Hatts Thursday 12 May 2005 11.28pm
Some very dodgy Spanish there! I think you mean Fina Estampa and La Bodeguita, respectively...

Editor of the London SE1 website and SE1 Direct newsletter
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions