Restaurant Old Kent Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Tuesday 3 May 2005 5.17pm
El Paso on the Old Kent Road is relatively new and quite fantastic!! The breakfast menu is something special with smoked salmon and scrambled eggs, and eggs benedict to name just two. The rest of the menu is varied and there's whispers that they'll soon be serving up tapas and salsa . Staff are very friendly (if a little haphazard with their service!) and there's a nice buzz about the place. Hope you like it, I do!! (It's opposite Tescos)
Friday 6 May 2005 9.11am
Hurrah, OK Road needs some decent places to eat. Thanks for passing this on!
Friday 6 May 2005 10.52am
I'd noticed that place being refurbished a few weeks ago but I hadn't realised it was now open. I'll need to give it a try.

The stretch between East Street and Tesco could benefit from a few more decent bars/cafes/eateries. I suppose a deli and gastropub is too much to ask for at this stage.........

Friday 6 May 2005 12.41pm
Is it open for breakfast on Sunday mornings? I love eggs Benedict!
Friday 6 May 2005 5.48pm
OKR is so long, so please could you give us a kind of guide as to WHERE in the OKR it is. Is it the one that Tharg and Ivanhoe were talking about?
Friday 6 May 2005 6.56pm
roo has already said that it's opposite Tesco.

It's the place on the right in this picture:

Oh, and if anyone can supply a street number and/or phone number for the place I'd be grateful, as I was unable to find any details whatsoever from other sources to enable me to add it to the restaurant database.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 6 May 2005 6.59pm by James Hatts.
Friday 6 May 2005 6.58pm
Oops, shows I dont read properly...sorry James! Thanks for the pic.
Monday 9 May 2005 4.00pm
As you can now buy gastropub ready meals in M&S do we really need one on OKR?
Monday 9 May 2005 4.46pm
I'll add an M&S to my list of wants for the OKR then, since there isn't one of them either!
Tuesday 10 May 2005 9.53am
Blimey James, it looks as though they've burnt the toast!
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: