Best place to watch the election in SE1?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 4 May 2005 8.51am
Does anyone know if anywhere in SE1 has got an extension and is doing anything for election night?

A kind of swing(omet)ers party.

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 4 May 2005 3.39pm
I'm sure someone must have an extension ... look along Bermondsey Street, I've seen a few new loft ones and I'm sure there'll be a kitchen extension or two in the 'hood.

Whether they'll swing with you depends how conservative they are. If they're liberal enough they might. Anyway, I'd better be off, don't want to labour the point ...
Wednesday 4 May 2005 6.06pm
The St Stephen's Tavern (just across Westminster Bridge) has a two hour extension on Thursday night.

You could always gatecrash ITV's election party on a boat underneath the London Eye, with Kevin Spacey, Richard Branson et al...

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 5 May 2005 8.41am
Thanks James. I like that pub (even if it's not in SE1).

Julie - go to the back of the polling booth, stand in the corner, and put your pointy hat on.

Thursday 5 May 2005 3.45pm
Oh can I only try one item on? What do I do if the hat isn't my size ... most changing rooms let you take at least four items in ...
Thursday 5 May 2005 4.09pm
It'll be your size, don't worry. The big letter "D" on the outside will be a sure sign that the hat will fit.

["D" for delightful, of course ;0)]

Friday 6 May 2005 1.40pm
So where was the best place to watch it?
Friday 6 May 2005 2.31pm
Not at the pub (where the landlady said: "Oh, I've got an extension if I want it, but it's not too busy so I'll shut at 11").

Back at ours with some Gregg's Pit perry was quite a good place, although it did leave me with some sluggishness this morning.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network