Captain Panic is back!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 5 May 2005 4.10pm
I've just been accosted by him near Grange Road. He was waving keys and shouting into a mobile. He asked me if I spoke English and then told me his car had broken down, his wife was in labour and he needed 3 to put in the parking meter so that he could run to Guys. He told me I could have his keys, his watch, in fact anything I liked if I would just help him out. Although I was tempted to ask for his shirt, sadly I had no money to offer.

I would guess he is in his sixties, but obviously still has the power to pull a lovely young wife if she's having his baby.

I think the sunshine must have drawn him out of his winter hiding place.
Thursday 5 May 2005 6.27pm
This guy is unbelievable! I've come across him twice over the past couple of years, and so, independently, has my flatmate.
Thursday 5 May 2005 8.38pm
I think he's a top man. We'll miss him when he's gone.

Seriously though, we're all savvy enough on this site.......... surely........?
Friday 6 May 2005 1.02pm
The same guy was in the Tesco car park at Surrey Quays today. His poor wife, what a long labour :-)
Friday 6 May 2005 2.58pm
Hey I bumped into him in the Tesco car park a few months ago too! Looks like this current baby is extremely premature....
Friday 6 May 2005 3.39pm
I last saw him in SQ Tesco's car park too. Late last year, he'd probably saved enough for a round the world cruise to unwind a little. I think the penny has finally dropped and he recognises me now - he'd put on a great performance of shouting into his mobile that he was stranded and then when he clocked who it was in the car muttered some dark oath under his breath and was on his way.
Friday 6 May 2005 11.15pm
Does it start like this?
"Do you speak English?"
"Yes..."
"Oh thank God for that....blah,blah,blah"
Tall,darkish hair,gaunt, occasionally disguised as a semi-p****ed security guard around Union St etc.....?
Tuesday 7 June 2005 12.10pm
He was 'working' it late at night on Upper Ground last week-wife has been transferred from one hospital to another (not pregnant this time!)-no petrol-car just round the corner-have my keys,phone blablabla.
Needless to say I gave him nothing-told him the Police would help him if called them on his mobile. Funny-he tok off like greased lightning when I said that-can't think why?!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: