Election results

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 6 May 2005 12.05am
Didn't we used to get results earlier in the old days? Off to bed, and only 4 seats declared.... all Labour, though.

Does anyone else feel guilty for voting for Simon Hughes even though they're Labour supporters, on the basis that he's an excellent MP? Or am I the only Labour supporter in Bermondsey who voted for Simon? Or even the only Labour supporter left in Bermondsey......?

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 6 May 2005 12.14am by The Lady Miss Jo Jo.
Friday 6 May 2005 12.20am
Ooooh - another Labour seat. I'm never going to get to sleep tonight.

I spent last election night in the Student Union bar of Bart's. All I remember is that the floor was very sticky.
Friday 6 May 2005 10.33am
My new discovery is that IKEA in Croydon is open till midnight on weekdays. Went down there to sus out Billy sofas and join what must be the saddest group of people in South London. (Quite a lot of them and surprisingly young.)

IKEA also hosts a polling station. So if you live in Croydon you can go to vote, have a plate of meatballs, and then pick up some shelving. Live the modern life.

Got home at 12.30 dreading having to unload the car by myself, to discover that Mr2 was deeply engrossed in swingometers. The good thing was I got help with unpacking the booty. The disadvantage being that he got to see the purchases before I had a chance to hide some of them. He is not convinced by the need for more scented candles.

Went to bed once I discovered that my friend fighting an unwinnable seat had lost her deposit.
Friday 6 May 2005 11.08am
I was amazed to see a queue in our polling station ( the round house in gt.dover street) and all young people were in front..wonderful they realise the importance of voting..til they get disillusioned at least!
Friday 6 May 2005 12.21pm
Simon Highes majority is significantly reduced - could that be due to assumptiom of victory and therefore lower turnout from Southwarks Lib Dem voters?
Friday 6 May 2005 2.36pm
My son voted for the first time
single issue vote he and all his mates voted against uni tuition fees

a colleague of my wife is labour mayor of reading, he confessed that their poling results showed that the vast majority of 18 - 22 year olds in reading were voting against tuition fees.

Friday 6 May 2005 3.33pm
Good to see that the youth of today are so idealistic and unselfish. Can't wait to see what kind of world we get when they grow up and become more cynical.

...if you press it, they will come.
Saturday 7 May 2005 10.09pm
well said - didn't they all used to vote to save the white rhino?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: