Bermondsey Spa

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 9 May 2005 1.09pm
I guess it's a matter of time before Estate Agents call any of the area around Spa Park, Bermondsey Spa, which has a much more positive ring than mere Bermondsey.

Will Grange Road become the next Long Lane (post Tabardisation), with Bermondsey Square and Spa Garden develepments mirroring the developments either side of Long Lane?

Does anyone know any more than what's on Southwark Councils site about this area? Here are a few links of the Architectural practises involved, but struggling to find any more info:

Spa Gardens:
http://www.broadwaymalyan.com/projects/landscape/spa-gardens-bermondsey.cfm#

Bermondsey Spa:
http://www.levittbernstein.co.uk/projects/bermondseyspa.html

Southwark also told me this about the new Medical Centre at Spa Park, which sounds quite exciting:

[ The facility has three main parts :
a) A small kiosk on the park side of the building, able to sell hot and cold drinks, ice creams, light food, etc. directly to the general public.

b) An early years section, which will provide services for children ( 0 - 7 years of age ) and their parents and carers. Ideas of the type of services to be delivered include: parent and toddler sessions, a toy library, creche sessions and Sure-Start family support sessions. This section of the building has a large playroom, toilets, access to an enclosed outdoor space, storage areas and a separate office area.

c) The final part of the facility is a play section, which will provide supervised play activities for school age children. These sessions will run after school, at weekends and during the school holidays. They will mainly be open access and free at the point of delivery. This area also has a large activity room, toilets and access to an enclosed, landscaped outdoor space

In addition to the above, the park will have an additional unsupervised, toddlers fixed play area.

The medical centre has been designed in partnership with the Grange Road practice, which will be moving to this new centre. It will have capacity for more GPs, and will include office space for health professionals in the area. ]

My wife is expecting a kid, so all good stuff...

Monday 9 May 2005 3.25pm
Your wife is with child, pregnant,gravid, not having a baby goat! :-) congratulations love, when is the baby due?
Monday 9 May 2005 3.59pm
October, so they better get building sharpish.

We actually kept goats growing up in deepest Wales...and promptly ate them! Beautiful flavour mind...
Monday 9 May 2005 5.04pm
yep, i like a bit o goat.....
Tuesday 10 May 2005 8.28am
Where is Spa park/Bermondsey Spa???
Tuesday 10 May 2005 9.48am
Tuesday 10 May 2005 10.59am
Does one go to take the waters? Or get Shiatzu massage? I mean, are we talking Last Year in Marienbad or just Detox?
Tuesday 10 May 2005 3.04pm
Thomas Keyse involvement was marked by naming one of the roads than ran southwest/northeast across the park 'Keyse Road'. The other was Canon Murnane Road, both now stopped-up.

Regards

Niall
Tuesday 10 May 2005 3.14pm
more like Retox at the moment, Jackie
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: