Was Bedale Gallery- now a STARBUCKS

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Monday 9 May 2005 3.48pm
Following the closure of Bedale St gallery does anyone know whats opening up next. I heard that is could be a Starbucks cafe?
I believe Gastronomica from the Borough market is opeing up a couple of doors up .

I hope its something nicer than a Starbucks !
Monday 9 May 2005 4.23pm
The gallery has closed? It was open when I delivered a letter there last week!

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 9 May 2005 4.54pm
It was open when I walked past on Saturday morning...

Lalous, the Starbucks rumour wasn't something you heard (directly or indirectly) from an estate agent, perchance ?

I can't remember exactly when, but someone was saying exactly the same thing about an All Bar One about two years ago (and again more recently) - it appeared to be an attempt at trying to talk up the market...
Tuesday 10 May 2005 11.16am
Indeed, Siduhe! When I considered buying my flat on Tower Bridge Road, I remember the estate agent 'promised' me an All Bar One within a year on TBR. Thank god he was wrong. I find it remarkable how we all dislike Starbucks and yet the phenomenal success of it. I avoid them, as I don't like the coffee they serve.
Tuesday 10 May 2005 12.00pm
It's all very American, isn't it? All front and image but fails to deliver. Sure the coffee looks the part, but it always tastes weak - they go on about their shot of espresso in their coffee, without mentioning a lot of chains and independent caf├ęs use a double shot as standard. It's so expensive too - I'd much rather support the smaller businesses which sell good coffee at more reasonable prices.
Tuesday 10 May 2005 6.21pm
No it has indeed definately closed. I walked past there again today. That whole area looks like it will end up the Bridgette Jones street of London in the coming 12 months.
What with a patisierie shop, upmarket italian deli and now what appears to be another eating/drinking/coffee establishment......
won't be long before we have an all-bar-one im sure....anyways id rather that than what appears to be a derelict site at the back of the Borough Market....
and whats happening with the supposed new restaurant Roast -?
Wednesday 11 May 2005 10.47am
HOORAY!!!

I hope we get more Starbucks , and maybe a MacDonalds (we're strangely lacking in those)

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 11 May 2005 1.13pm
There's no McDonalds because Chicken Cottage have the monopoly on fast food in this area! :-) Though of course there is one just inside Guy's Hospital.
Wednesday 11 May 2005 2.09pm
Ah, thanks for reminding me of that Zappomatic. Off to the hospital it is!

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 12 May 2005 5.00pm
Sorry to spoil the fun - the current jungle drums news regarding the new use of the Bedale Street ex-gallery premises is that it will become an outlet for Neals Yard Herbal remedies and therapy rooms....

it'll help you all recover from overdoses of Big Macs and MegaGrande Lattes

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 12 May 2005 5.18pm by janefs.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: