Metro Central Heights - bulletin board and accommodation

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 1 of 7
Monday 9 May 2005 3.30pm
Hello everybody,

I've just joined this forum, hope all is well with one and all!

Does anyone know what has happened to the Metro Central Heights bulletin board? It's been 'unavailable' for the last few weeks now, with no sign of a revival.

Also, there were some some great message threads on the MCH board regarding accommodation. I have just started looking for a 1 bed flat in MCH and wanted to know if anyone was selling? I will be working in Waterloo and can't afford to get a place around there, but MCH sounds ideal for the transport and value for money. I've been around all the usual local and online estate agents that advertise online and they don't have any. I've seen a few studios already but wanted to see whether I could stretch my budget to a 1 bed (and would it be worth it anyway - is there a big difference between the two?) Can anyone help?

Cheers

Ben
Monday 9 May 2005 3.47pm
Hi
I live in MCH, and yesterday I left a message for the head of the Residents Association to ask her whats going on. The concierge desk are always very helpful but they didnt know anything.
It is annoying as I am renting out a room in my flat and that is the ideal place to post it!
I'll check tonight and post tomorrow.
There is obviously an extra room in a one bed, but I stretched myself for a 2 bed as I think they hold their value better. I've also seen some studios in there and they are pretty small to live there fulltime.

Sarah
Monday 9 May 2005 4.01pm
Hi, I live in MCH and had been wondering about the bulletin board too. I sent an email to the webmaster today and got a reply to say that they hope it will be back by the end of this week.

Kirsty
Monday 9 May 2005 5.05pm
Thanks for the update ladies... hopefully will catch up with you again on the MCH board when it's back up and running!

Cheers

Ben
Monday 9 May 2005 5.47pm
I have also been emailing Alex Orssich , the webmaster of MCH, asking what the dickens is going on....the site has been down for WEEKS....
Wednesday 11 May 2005 9.22am
Good luck with the flat hunting Benobi, hope you like MCH, we've been renting here for a bit and like it so much we're now looking to buy, so I hope the notice board is back soon too (2 bed pref. high up if anyone knows of anything?).

Happy hunting!
Kirsty
Wednesday 11 May 2005 12.57pm
Hi I am moving out of Metro Central Height therfore I am putting up the flat for rent. It a studio Apartment on the 5th Floor facing Old Kent Road.
The Flat is available anytime from 10 May 2005
800 per month.
Please call Patrick 07843063448 for viewing
Wednesday 11 May 2005 5.23pm
There are a few 2 beds available on the market at the moment Kirsty. Asking price seems to vary between

215K with 1 bathroom http://www.findaproperty.com/agent.aspx?agentid=2637&opt=prop&pid=268398

225K with 2 baths http://www.findaproperty.com/agent.aspx?agentid=2637&opt=prop&pid=189853

239K with 2 baths http://www.findaproperty.com/agent.aspx?agentid=2488&opt=prop&pid=283115

up to around 250K. Although most of them are lower down in the block.

I found these by going to www.mamma.com and searching on "Metro Central Heights apartment" or "Newington Causeway apartment". They all seem to use findaproperty.com, although I did find some others advertising on other smaller websites.

Cheers

Ben
Wednesday 11 May 2005 5.28pm
anyone thinking of buying in MCH try to get as HIGH as possible, and preferably NOT facing the parking lot and the railway where they are, I'm afraid to say, probably going to put up a new building....bloody St. George has pushed and pushed, and wangled and wangled and paid off people here and there...and our dozy Res. Assoc. just didnt sustain the fighting mode.
Thursday 12 May 2005 3.54pm
Thanks for the info Benobi, I've been looking on propertyfinder.com but hadn't heard of mama.com so I'll have a look at that too, there's also rightmove.co.uk.

Jackie, I totaly agree, I'd heard about this building too, sounds like a terrible idea, I'm all in favour of a bit of redevelopment for the Elephant but not just packing every inch with tower blocks. We'll definatly avoid flats that will end up oposite that, I feel sorry for the people who already own them though!

I wonder if there's any chance that they'll at least try to make it fit with the rest of the building, ugly as it is I quite like it.

rant over,
Kirsty
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 1 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: