Good Thai Food

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Wednesday 11 May 2005 7.11pm
Can anyone recommend a really good Thai restaurant in SE1 -- ideally located in the Bermondsey/Borough borders?

Is Suchard any good?

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 11 May 2005 7.12pm by Samuel.
dg
Wednesday 11 May 2005 7.40pm
I've not tried Suchards, but Kwan Thai on the river at Hays Galleria is good.
Wednesday 11 May 2005 7.59pm
Samuel,

I'm guessing you're looking for a restaurant kind of place, rather than a pub that serves Thai food ?
If so, Kwan Thai is probably the "poshest" Thai place in SE1 and the food is pretty good too.

Also worth thinking about is Champor-Champor - Malaysian food, but really good and a much more exotic dining atmosphere.

Best Thai in London (IMHO) used to be Thailand in New Cross, but I've heard it's not so good following the refurbishment. I'm also a huge fan of the Mango Tree in Westminster.

Sal
Thursday 12 May 2005 7.56am
The Ring on Blackfriars Road is nice, also Lye Torng on St George's Road is ok, bit slow.
Thursday 12 May 2005 8.05am
Thanks, folks, I keep forgetting about Kwan Thai, and will try it. Yes, I am looking for a restaurant.

If anyone has anything to say about Suchard, I'd be interested to hear it.

For Malaysian, I often go to Champor-Champor -- fantastic.
th
Thursday 12 May 2005 9.05am
I like Suchard (Tooley St, not been to the pub version yet) for a cheap and cheerful thai. Its not the best thai food I've ever eaten but I do like their beancurd gang panang. Not so keen on their pad thai though because they use wide rice noodles.
But in general I think the food is pretty good and the service is really fast.
Thursday 12 May 2005 10.02am
th Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I like Suchard (Tooley St, not been to the pub
> version yet) for a cheap and cheerful thai. Its
> not the best thai food I've ever eaten but I do
> like their beancurd gang panang. Not so keen on
> their pad thai though because they use wide rice
> noodles.
> But in general I think the food is pretty good and
> the service is really fast.

Seconded entirely.

...if you press it, they will come.
Sunday 15 May 2005 11.51am
I suggest Champor Champor. (I couldn't tell you the difference between Malay and Thai!)
Sunday 15 May 2005 1.39pm
Mapmaker - that would be the Belcan, surely ? I've never felt quite the same about Malay food once I found out how it was made.

Nice to see you out and about (i.e. in and at your computer) on a Sunday...
Sunday 15 May 2005 7.14pm
"Belcan is a flexible staffing and innovative human resource solution company that brings qualified technical and computer professionals together with our ... "

Rebuke me not, O Siduhe, in thine indignation, but (following your suggestion a month or three back, I performed a 'google' search). I fear I am totally ignorant of 'Belcan'.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network