Bermondsey Bingo Block

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 17 May 2005 8.43am
Tuesday 17 May 2005 2.31pm
“In order to make sure that the garden of our neighbours, and the nearby pub are dark and cold at all times of year, we should make the flats really high so they take all the sunlight.”

It's not the ridiculous architects' blurb that bothers me. I imagine you need a hefty sprinkling of that sort of language to make it in such an artistic profession. It's more that: (i) some members of the general public might fall for it, and (ii) the ones that do will be coming to live in SE1.

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 17 May 2005 3.48pm
I still think that this development is just awful and not at all in keeping with the buildings around it - what a nightmare :-(
Tuesday 17 May 2005 3.55pm
Yes. But will you get a prize if you're rich/stupid enough to buy a line, or four corners?

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 17 May 2005 5.30pm
i am still trying to work it out if facing the white bear pub shouldn't Abbey street be to the side of it not behind? if facing the white bear then looking on to TBR????

I am very confused - i will never find my wayy to bingo at this rate!
Anonymous User
Tuesday 17 May 2005 5.43pm
I think TBR is the road shown to the left of the bingo hall (so the blue facade is facing toward Bricklayer Arms)

[There again I could be wrong - I'm going to stop looking at it now]

Where ever it is it doesn't look quite right does it?

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 17 May 2005 5.44pm by Birdie.
Tuesday 17 May 2005 9.31pm
HOUSE!

That'll really wind the people up upstairs who patently won't be living in one
Tuesday 17 May 2005 10.58pm
I agree with Birdie - TBR is to the left (west), Abbey Street to the north, Long Walk to the south and east. It's on that patch of ground bounded by those roads. But it's very horrible indeed, and aren't those windows a bit dangerous?
Anonymous User
Wednesday 18 May 2005 8.57am
Yeah - but imagine - all those people can live in Mecca! But if it's a Gala bingo hall it won't be as auspicious will it?

Wednesday 18 May 2005 9.01am
I love it! Where's your sense of adventure and why not embrace some new architecture for a change, rather than some mock neo Georgian monstrocity that seems to consume most of the riverside east of Bermondsey. Its about time that grotty little corner came alive.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: