Friday 20 May 2005 12.24pm
We went to the Laughing Gravy on Blackfriars Road
last night and I wouldn't recommend it. Both our meals looked withered and distinctly aged - my boyfriend's vegetables were definately re-heated and my fish - which they claimed was cod - was more like a compressed minced coley slab (I don't mind not eating cod, given that it's becoming extinct, but I would like to be told what I am eating) which I think had been cooked more than once. In fact, I was ill when I got home. I went there once last year and was overcome by cooking fumes from the kitchen and was told it was a temporary fault with the extractor fan but last night it was as pongy as ever. The fumes were so strong that my eyes were stinging by the end of the night. If any of you do go there, I would warn you that you will have to factor in a dry cleaning bill to the cost - my coat stinks of oily cooking smells today. It will have to be cleaned...
Edited 1 times. Last edit at 20 May 2005 12.26pm by mac.