Nice, budget hotel or B&B in SE1 area?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Monday 23 May 2005 3.34pm
I am getting married in two weeks and a friend of mine has unexpectedly arranged to attend and we need to find a place for her to stay. Can anyone recommend somewhere in SE1 or the Greenwich area? We want something uner 100 pounds a night and it is for two people. They will not have a car, so near a tube would be best. I'd be grateful for any ideas.

=Pen=
Monday 23 May 2005 3.38pm
Have you had a look at http://www.london-se1.co.uk/hotels/ ?

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 23 May 2005 4.42pm
I did look there, yes, but this only lists places and I was hoping for a recommendation.
Monday 23 May 2005 5.00pm
Try using the search function:

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/13595 has a lot of recommendations

Most of the ones recommended are in and around the London Bridge area - but it's pretty easy to get to Greenwich by tube or river boat.

In Greenwich, does anyone know if the the Trafalgar Tavern still does B&B rooms following the change in management ? It's a pub overlooking the river - very noisy but some views in Greenwich.
Monday 23 May 2005 5.29pm
Friends and family have stayed at the Travel Inn on Tower Bridge Road before ... and found it fine for a couple of nights.
Tuesday 24 May 2005 8.49am
My parents always stay in the Southwark Rose hotel on Southwark Bridge Road - it markets itself as a "budget boutique hotel" which basically means like a travel inn but with nicer decor! Its about 75 a night I think and pretty comfortable and friendly.
Tuesday 24 May 2005 9.46am
I know about a lovely new B&B on the Old Kent Road and will ask their number today. Will keep you posted.
Tuesday 24 May 2005 10.33am
if you go to www.laterooms.com - you can search on the SE1 postcode (I think you get a drop-down postcodes menu, aftrer you search on London as the city).

When my parents come down to stay, I've got rooms at the Southwark Rose and at the even better Novotel next door (4 stars) for either 79 or 89.

If you're looking for June 11th then it looks like 89 at the Novotel (on Southwark Bridge Road) or the same rate at the Mercure, which is also a nice place and slightly nearer to the Borough end of SE1.

Tuesday 24 May 2005 1.28pm
Yes, The Rose on Southwark Bridge Road was were most of my guests stayed when I got married at the Jerwood space and they thought it was amazing value- modern without the expense!
Tuesday 24 May 2005 4.00pm
Just learned that the B&B is gay only. Silly, if you think of it. But hey....
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: