Ask Austin

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 18 September 2002 4.13pm
Has anyone tried the new Ask Austin function on Southwark Council's
homepage? They seem to have a real human being there answering emails and
helping people out. You can ask about council tax, or getting the rubbish
collected, finding out about your local councillors and so on. It's a real
human touch.
JE
Friday 20 September 2002 6.40pm

I haven't got sufficient praise for Southwark. My bin wasn't emptied on Monday, I called environment department and they promised to send a van round within 48 hours to empty the wheelie bin.
Jai
Friday 20 September 2002 7.25pm
where can we find Austin ?

is there some way that we can have him commenting on this web-site ?

Varkenslachter
Tuesday 24 September 2002 11.00am
You can find Austin on the Southwark Council website homepage.

http://www.southwark.gov.uk

I don't know what commenting on this site you would like. I find it often an interesting read but I have never before posted before. I have to admit this thread did catch my eye, vanity I suppose.
dan
Wednesday 25 September 2002 11.15am
Hello Austin

Can we have park on Crossbones Graveyard ?

Please.

All the best

Dan
Thursday 26 September 2002 11.26am
I do not know where this area is so it is hard for me to answer. I will observe that Southwark Council does not own all of the graveyards in the borough and also that the conversion of graveyards to other purposes is a subject that is very emotive and not one that could ever be considered without a great deal of debate. I would suggest that the best way to progress this matter would be to raise the request with your local councillor. You can find out who the councillors are and how to contact them on the Southwark Council website on the page

http://www.southwark.gov.uk/involved/councllr.htm
Thursday 17 October 2002 8.41pm
Is Austin your real name, or one Southwark imposed after consulting the relevent Committee?
Friday 18 October 2002 11.16am
Austin is indeed my real name. The fact I used to be taunted as having the name of a car has been offset by having a name that goes with Ask nicely. :)
Sunday 20 October 2002 9.31pm
Austin

I think it was a couple of months ago Southwark lauched it's litter lout line or whatever it's called - can't seem to find it on the website.

Anyway I've reported dumping of rubbish on a street near me 3 times now and have had no reponse back, this rubbish includes a large metal supermarket packing trolley that gets moved about by drunks and kids and has been left in the middle of the road, once having a car reverse into it and smash it's lights.

Just wondering

1) how many peopl have had the on the spot fines of 80 (I think) imposed on them.

2) whether the council actually makes any cash out of these fines or does it all get swallowed up by admin costs

3) if the council make money or break even - why are there no litter law enforcers out on the streets? I see people dropping litter all of the time and either pick it up or get the offender to (unless they are twice my size!) so why can't southwark empoly some full time people to monitor this?
Monday 21 October 2002 12.13pm
There are two numbers to report littering on. For littering in Southwark's parks the number is 020 7525 1050. For anywhere else in Southwark the number is 020 7525 2000.

There answers to the other questions should more correctly come from the relevant council officers. I will pursue this matter for you and see that a reply is posted here directly.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: