Colombians in London

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 26 May 2005 9.50pm
i've just returned to london following 6 months living in Colombia and feel like a big hole is missing - the reverse culture shock thing. I'm English but really want to maintain the now-Spanish part of my soul and speak some Spanish, dance some salsa and maybe even neck a few aguadientes!!!!! can anyone point me in the right direction please.........?
Thursday 26 May 2005 9.55pm
The George, TBR.
tranquillo
Friday 27 May 2005 7.37am
Elephant and Castle shopping centre, 1st floor I think....
Friday 27 May 2005 8.58am
We went to lunch club (on our own as it turned out but never mind) to Parradillos Del Sur on the Old Kent Road, just beyond the turning to East Street going away from the E&C. Tharg recommended it. It is really SO Columbian/Bolivian/Equadorian that no one speaks English at all and it's full of South Americans. It only does lunch I think, but it really is the biz.
Friday 3 June 2005 11.13am
Do go to the Old Kent Rd-besides the Parradillos Del Sur there is another place a little further down towards Tescos called Afrik which is taken over on Fri-Sunday by Latin Americans for food and Salsa.(African very good food the other days.)

Went to Parradillos on last Sunday which was El Dia de Madre-Mothers Day and it was full ! It is open week days lunch time only but evenings at the weekend.

We were the only non Latin Americans in there but had a great time toasting all mothers including me(I'm a granny too)Food was amazing, plentiful and cheap!Bolivian beer too!

There's lots of places to Salsa in London-go on the web.
This week-end is a Cuban Festival at the side of the Oxo Tower all day Saturday and Sunday. I'll be there dancing away!See you there!

Christianna
Friday 3 June 2005 11.26am
If you're looking for a night club try downstairs next to Tito's Restaurant on London Bridge Approach. Went there a year or so ago so I'm not sure if it's still open but we were the only non- Columbian folk in there and left at about 2.30am when it was just starting to get going! I think there is also was a downstairs salsa bar on Southwark Street opposite Borough Market.

And of course the cuban festival at the Oxo this weekend, enjoy!
Friday 3 June 2005 11.31am
what cuban festival??
Saturday 25 June 2005 7.40pm
Sin Fronteras on Duke Street Hill (near London Bridge) is a Latin American bar. I stumbled into there in the early hours of this morning after a night out and found it was a very good atmosphere with salsa music playing and lots of Latin American people dancing, drinking and eating. My memory of it is a bit blurry (thanks to their very generous measures of rum and cokes!) but I definitely remember seeing a Colombian poster on the wall. It doesn't look much on the outside but I'd definitely recommend checking it out.
Wednesday 29 June 2005 12.05pm
Go to Sainsburys and buy some colombian coffee...

ps: am spanish by the way (but only from Spain)
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: