Pomeller's Rest - smoke free

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 31 May 2005 9.38am
No tobacco smoke: lovely.

It now just smells of beer and food.

I've started to go more often.

Have others tried it?
Tuesday 31 May 2005 7.44pm
Hi there,

Tried it last week for the first time. Even though we live seconds walk away it has never been our kind of place, until now. We started going because it is smoke free and even ate there last sunday.

It is very pleasant being in a smoke free pub and we shall visit there more often, my only problem with Wetherspoons as a whole, is thier no music policy, which can mmake the places rather atmosphereless when they are quiet.

Jo

Wednesday 1 June 2005 11.15am
If you like smoke free pubs, consider Ireland for a holiday - all pubs, restaurants etc are smoke free by law.
Interesting comment from several of my NON smoking Irish friends was that many pubs smelt WORSE after the smoking ban was introduced, as the latent stench of toilets, beer soaked seats and old carvery lunches was unmasked by the removal of smoke! Even as a smoker I thought it was wonderful to sit in a non-smoking pub, much more comfy and hospitable. And it invented the phenomenen known as "smirting" - flirting outrageously with other people who have nipped outside for a fag.
Wednesday 1 June 2005 11.31am
Yes, I've been to the Pomellers Rest. Didn't like it due to the smell of stale food and old fat and that kind of sicky smell near the bar that I think is from the cleaning fluid. They need to get something in to disguise the bad smells. Maybe burn some tobacco in little aromatherapy oil burners.
Wednesday 1 June 2005 7.53pm
So smoke free should lead to cleaner toilets, cleaner kitchens and better quality cleaning of pubs - as customers notice things which pubs got away with in the past. An advantage I had not thought of. Marvellous.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: