Free Cinema in June in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Wednesday 1 June 2005 4.42pm
This has probably been covered elsewhere but I've managed to miss it to date so I thought I would post it in case others have missed it too.

http://www.morelondon.com/thescoop/events_detail.asp?event_id=58
Thursday 9 June 2005 8.17am
I'm sure James included this in one of the SE1 news; but for those of us who missed it:
(I am not connected in any way etc etc)

Programme

Weds 1 June - The Third Man

(1949, UK, 104 mins, certificate PG)

Thurs 2 June - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

(1969, USA, 112 mins certificate, PG)
Fri 3 June - The Motorcycle Diaries

(2004, USA, 128 mins, certificate 15)

Weds 8 June - Casablanca

(1942, USA, 102 mins, certificate U)

Thurs 9 June - Quadrophenia

(1979, UK, 104 mins, certificate 18)

Fri 10 June - Donnie Darko

(2001, USA, 113 mins, certificate 15)

Weds 15 June - Brighton Rock

(1947, UK, 92 mins, certificate PG)

Thurs 16 June - Easy Rider

(1969, USA, 95 mins, certificate 18)
Fri 17 June -The Matrix

(1999, USA/AUS, 136 mins, certificate 15)

Tues 21 June - Pool of London

(1951, UK, 85 mins, certificate 15)
Weds 22 June - Dr. No

(1962, UK, 105 mins, certificate PG)

Thurs 23 June - Festival Express

(2003, USA/Netherlands, 90 mins, certificate 15)

Fri 24 June - Moulin Rouge!

(2001, USA/AUS, 127 mins, certificate 12A)

Screenings start between 9.30pm and 10.00pm and are absolutely free. There is no need to book, no ticket to buy, just turn up and take a seat by 9.15pm.

The unique riverside amphitheatre venue has a fantastic acoustic that, combined with surround sound, 35mm projection, a 7.5 metre wide screen and visually stunning films, promises viewers a sensory feast. Make the most of the beautiful surroundings and bring a picnic to enjoy before the film starts. Alternatively suggestions for restaurants and bars in the area can be found at www.pooloflondon.co.uk.

For everyone from film buffs, to Bond fans, to those who find themselves walking along the Thames riverside on a June evening and fancy doing something a little different, cinema doesn't get much better than this.

Please note:

- In the event of rain or high winds the screening may be cancelled. A cancellation decision will be made 15 minutes before the screening is due to start.

- Proof of age may be required for films rated 15 or over. All children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult and are only permitted entry to films classified 12A and under.

- Seats will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. No admission once capacity is reached.
Thursday 9 June 2005 11.44am
Thanks for the full programme Julie, looks good doesn't it - there are a couple of films showing that I fancy ... lets hope the weather holds out!
Thursday 9 June 2005 11.59am
Does anyone know if the National Theatre is doing another open air film season this summer?

Thanks
Mark
Thursday 9 June 2005 12.36pm
Yes - this is from their press release:

Flytower Films - Every Friday from 29 July - 2 September at 10.30pm.
Late night iconic feature films projected on to the 23 metre high Lyttelton flytower.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 9 June 2005 12.45pm
hooray... we saw Metropolis last year in what we thought was an uncannily appropriate setting - but the people who grabbed the deck chairs must have been there at least 2 hours before it started. Very keen...
Thursday 9 June 2005 1.31pm
Time Out are doing a season at the Serpentine in Hyde Park: from website:

During August and September, the Serpentine Gallery and Pavilion will be screening specially selected films on a 50ft screen, kicking off with Michelangelo's Antonioni's 'Blow Up' on August 12 and finishing with a short film night on September 7.

In between, the huge screen will show Alfred Hitchcock's 'Vertigo' (August 13), Jacques Tati's 'Playtime' (August 19), Charles Laughton's 'The Night of the Hunter' (August 26) and Yakov Protazanov's 'Aelita: Queen of Mars' (September 2).

If that weren't enough, the Time Out Park Nights at the Serpentine Gallery programme also features architectural talks and sound events, including a concert by the critically acclaimed German ensemble Zeitkratzer.

Looks like a summer of hot movies!
Friday 10 June 2005 1.24pm
Saw Quadrophenia last night. Immense. Dont go if you dont like big sound though!
HF
Friday 10 June 2005 3.51pm
And there is a series of open-air films on at the Wapping Hydraulic Power Station (not quite SE1 I know, but its close enough) in July as well. Sounds as if we won't be short of cinema options...
Friday 17 June 2005 9.41am
The London College of Communications at Elephant and Castle (used to be London College of Printing) will be holding a 4th contemporary Japanese film festival on 21-24 June.
They will show films of young and talented film makers' works which have not yet been shown in the UK!

For more details:
http://www.japanesefilmseason.com

Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: