Olleys fish and chip shop

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Friday 3 June 2005 6.40pm
I went to Olleys fish and chip shop in Great Suffolk Street tonight.
I had to wait over 20 minutes for cod, chips and mushy peas.
There were two people in front of me in the queue.
There were two staff on duty, but one was doing all the cooking and serving ,the other was sitting down yacking on the phone, completely ignoring customers.
The fish and chips were ok but the mushy peas had been over microwaved to a dry shriveld up paste, unfortunately I had already arrived home before I discovered it.
I used to use it a lot, but I dont think I will bother going back again.
Friday 3 June 2005 9.47pm
Masters. I've had less than great fish and chips from Olleys recently. Could have been unlucky, but it never hurts to try something different.

{No connection, etc}

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 6 June 2005 8.53am
I find Olley's over-rated and over-priced. I've also said this before: the Long Lane fish bar is the nuts.
Monday 6 June 2005 9.12am
I've had some barely adequate fish and chips at Olleys, (and a rather involved conversation with what I think was the manager complaining how much he hated the job) and now Master's Super Fish Bar on Waterloo Road gets my business. Always had great Fish and Chips there and if you eat in you get a free starter of bread butter and a few prawns!
Monday 6 June 2005 12.48pm
Olley's does seem a bit over-rated,

Best fish & chips I've had in SE1 are from the Tower Fish Centre, at the east end of Tooley Street

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/restaurants/view.php?venueid=303
Monday 6 June 2005 3.46pm
I agree. We had fish and chips last Sat about 7pm and they were so awful we had to throw them away. The fish was slightly off, brown with amonia smell (yuk) and the chips were as hard as cardboard. Never again shall we waste our money there!
Tuesday 7 June 2005 11.05am
Try the Blue Anchor fish shop behind the blue Anchor pub - a trip I know but better than most the Long Lane fish bar isn't too bad
Tuesday 7 June 2005 3.56pm
Grrr, I was planning a good healthy dinner, but now thanks to you all I'm really craving fish and chips!!
Tuesday 7 June 2005 4.16pm
I like the fish & chip shop on Long Lane too - great if you get there early but starts to go downhill a bit after 7.30.
Tuesday 7 June 2005 5.11pm
I'm starving and don't want to cook.

(This would be in the middle of Long Lane [Harry or Plum,] would it? About where the zebra crossing (?and kebab shop?) is where you cross if you're walking through the Tabard Est and on to, say, the Leather Exchange for book club?)

...if you press it, they will come.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: