Accident Borough High Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 4 June 2005 7.49am
I only walked across to Sainsburys for a fresh french stick.
If you have an accident with a garbage truck or a bus, even if you are in the right,
you'll come off second best, so always give way. This appeared to be only a slight bump,
but I imagine the car driver will go for a 'no win no fee' whiplash and stress claim. I disappeared
quickly into sainsburys in case I was asked to be a witness.
Sat 4th May 8:15am

Isn't it really clever how the ads match the post.

Edited 2 times. Last edit at 4 June 2005 8.09am by phoney.
Monday 6 June 2005 10.40am
The one time I was in an accident, not far from SE1, there were lots of people around but, like 'phoney', not a single one would agree to be a witness. The result was that it took me two years' of legal to-ing and fro-ing, involving hours of letter-writing and chasing up before the case was finally settled (100% in my favour) in a Magistrates court - a complete waste of lots of people's time and effort. The only ones to benefit were, of course, lawyers. The annoying thing is that the whole thing could have been sorted out in weeks rather than months if only two or three people had been prepared to write a couple of paragraphs describing what they had seen - taking probably about the same time as a posting with a couple of photos on this Forum.

I took it as a very disappointing reflection on the typical person on the street in inner London. As a matter of principle, you never know when you might need a witness yourself so why not help someone else out when their time comes?

Tuesday 7 June 2005 11.17am
For 50 I'll write you a witness statement of your choice about what I 'saw'.

No questions asked.
Tuesday 7 June 2005 12.17pm
I witnessed an accident last year in Abbey Street and gave my name and address. As a result I was bombared for weeks with various solicitors-insurance, personal injury claim etc and filled in lots of forms but luckily did not have to go to court. The whole thing was very time consuming and annoying as repeating the same information over an over again and of course without a word of thanks. I therefore have a lot of sympathy for the people who did not come forward as they may have known what they were letting themselves in for.

Having said that I would probably be a witness again just to insure justice was done.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: