Does anyone know of a tennis coach?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 5 June 2005 1.20pm
Does anyone know of a tennis coach in SE1 near Bermonsey Street
Sunday 5 June 2005 5.26pm
No - however you could try:

1. Southwark Council Sports Department, as Councils often have lists of recognised coaches working within their borough, who they will work with to provide children's summer schemes etc..

2. The Lawn Tennis Association, as they provide recognised coaching qualifications.

3. The grounds staff in your local park, as they will inevitably know people who are regularly carrying out coaching sessions. Or Paris Gardens where I think there is some community tennis going on.

4. Sports Action Zone, a Government funded initiative to improve access to sports in the area, and based at the South Bank Employers Group in Waterloo Road.

Monday 6 June 2005 12.15pm
Tuesday 7 June 2005 11.54pm
Also Colombo Sports Centre, off Blackfriars Road has some new courts and there's a guy (forgotten his name ) who does community coaching there at Weeekends. I wouldn't bother with the community coaching session as it's a bit 'mixed ability' but worth getting his name from the Sports Centre as he seems a good guy.
Wednesday 8 June 2005 2.01pm
I organised some coaching last year with a guy call Karl (Czech) in Archbishops Park (nr Lambeth North) don't know if he is still coaching.. his number is 07817090192.
Saturday 18 June 2005 1.20pm
Hey Big - there is a guy named Dennis who coaches at Tanner St Park. They know him at the cafe near the park. If in the meantime, you want to hit some balls I'm looking for a hitting partner - used to play but am quite rusty and trying to get back into the game. Cheers, Shawna
Saturday 18 June 2005 2.25pm
Karl, I hear, has been poached by Wandsworth. At least for the community coaching. However he may be willing to do private coaching elsewhere.

Also an Argentinian Italian guy called Tony who coaches at the Fulham Football In the Community scheme in Archbishps which is beteeen 10-12am is also an experienced tennis coach. He is a really inspirational football coach and I guess would be equally fun to have as a tennis coach.

Thursday 23 June 2005 2.13pm
The Dennis guy has been trading illegally in this area for quite a while as a tennis coach - he doesn't have the permission of Southwark to use the courts for paid coaching and has run foul of them for this before. It's suprising to me that he is able to continue this way but I guess for the most part he slips under the radar. Of course he has no insurance, etc. as a result.

That may or may not bother you, but the other thing is that he's just not a particularly good tennis player and I wouldn't expect to get a much value out of a coaching session with him.

Southwark advertise coaching at Burgess park tennis center - no idea what it's like though.
Tuesday 28 June 2005 10.30am
There is a posting on the Friends of Kennington Park's site about a chap running tennis courses there.

Tennis courses in Kennington Park

Christopher Clarke, qualified tennis coach, is offering courses from 28th June in Kennington Park. Call him on 07970 312067, or download a form (t)here (760k)...
Sunday 12 July 2015 12.08am
Hi, all just moved to SE1 and looking for a tennis couch for my 10 years old son, i heard aboud Dennis who is couching Saturday lessons at Tanner park, but honestly not so keen after reading the post above, any one has experiane coaching his kids with him?!!! Any other option?
Thank you
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: