Road works / opening of Trinity Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 6 June 2005 5.50pm
Does any one know what is happing to the block junctions on Globe street , Swan St and Trinity St.
Work has began on these junctions , I thought that these closures were permanant ?
Monday 6 June 2005 6.10pm
The Trinity Road closure has been made permanent. However the Community Council decided last September to allow access to Trinity Street from Great Dover Street at weekends only (controlled by a moveable / raisable barrier I believe). This change is on an experimental basis to be reviewd after three months.

I am surprised it is taking this long to implement that decision.
Tuesday 7 June 2005 2.02pm
Thank god for that, the whole idea that you have to either drive through the elephant round about or wait endlessly to squirm your way at the borought station lights to make your way to newington causeway is soooooooo frustrating.

Ps why are there single yellow lines in trinity square on not more resident parking bays?..
Tuesday 7 June 2005 3.40pm
Sorry folks the part about the barrier at the junction of Gt Dover/Trinity Street is incorrect. It was decided to controll entry at weekends for a trial period with the same type of digidal cameras already in use throughout london. They need no film as they are linked directly to Big Brother. Any cars ignoring the weekday resrtiction will be fined in the region of 100!

I was thinking more on the lines of when Southwark will pernmanantly close off the streets in a more pleasant manner than those rather nasty concrete blocks!
Oh, and the reason it is taking so long is that there is an incredibly long convuluted planning process for the implementation of the afore-mentioned cameras.

Ian Glover Trinity Street

far nicer than it used to be!

C'mon, I'm ready....bring on all the usual 'elitist Trinity Streeters' cr*p that gets wheeled out!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: