London Eye Review

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 8 June 2005 12.42pm
Hands up how many of you have NOT been to the London Eye.

I have been in London for a while and figured i would do the Tourist thing with some overseas friends.Blending in with a loud Texan crowd and a very glamarous Russian Teenager - I bought my ticket and went to see what all the fuss was about.

pluses
the capsules give a rather good view of Big Ben, Westminster and you can catch a decent view of St Pauls and teh Gherkin. I went at about sunset 840 pm so it was fairly pleasant.

minuses- you cant see the Tower Bridge because of the bend in the river

Its about 12 fifity but I do suspect you may get a better view from the Monument or St Pauls.
Wednesday 8 June 2005 1.17pm
We've been twice, loved it. No doubt we will go again when more visitors need to be entertained. Spent nearly as much time enjoying the engineering as the view, but if you go at dusk as the lights start to come on it's very pretty. If you go on a cloudy foggy day it's a disaster1

Mind you I enjoyed my day at the dome, so clearly I am very easily pleased. Great structure, enjoyable show, interesting exhibits, just not as amazing as it could have been. But a good day out. Same with the Eye.

Not mindbogglingearthshatteringkneetremblingstunninglyfantastic.

But a good way to get an unusual perspective for half an hour.

mark
Friday 10 June 2005 11.12am
I thought it was a waste of my employer's money. Bad champagne, served in plastic glasses. And how cool was it to be able to see rooftops? Not desperately exciting.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: