Borough Market

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 9 June 2005 12.31pm
What time does this pack up on a Saturday?
Thursday 9 June 2005 12.38pm
4pm on a Saturday, although a lot of stalls start winding down around 3pm (if they've had a good day) and some stay open a little after 4pm (if they haven't).
Thursday 9 June 2005 4.29pm
but going along at around 3:30-4pm is good for cheap things, and most stalls are still reasonably well stocked

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 9 June 2005 4.59pm
Really, do they start cutting prices towards the end in order to shift perishable stock? That would be useful information.
Thursday 9 June 2005 7.50pm
Just keep your ears open for the cry of " 'arf price fish " at the end of the trading day - subject to stock levels, of course.
Thursday 9 June 2005 8.56pm
and (nice, but expensive at full price) bread too. Plus Mrs I always gets a better deal from everyone than I do. Even before I've been to the cider stall.

...if you press it, they will come.
Tee
Saturday 11 June 2005 11.23am
I find that some fruit/veg stalls start offers even earlier than 3pm. If you keep an eye out you can definitely get some bargains. If you're into your booze, there's a good alcohol store with a wide variety of beers and ales from around the world.
If you've never been to the market, i recommend your first visit as a scouting exercise, as it's a lot to take in, and it can get quite crowded. If you go around lunchtime, you will inevitably succumb to the gorgeous smells and aromas of all those stalls serving up meat dishes. Yum.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: