Unsure and proud of it

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 9 June 2005 5.07pm
Who are the strange 4% of people who went to the bother of answering the website's poll on tall buildings but ticked Don't Know? It's like going into a restaurant and saying I'm not hungry, I'll just have a glass of water? Don't get me wrong, I like it - if you don't have an opinion, stand up and shout it from the rooftops!
Thursday 9 June 2005 7.09pm
Possibly someone who followed something similar to my thought process

Yes ... BUT ONLY IF...

(i) they don't block vistas of the sky/river from major SE1 streets
(ii) they don't dominate public buildings in SE1 (as the proposed Tate tower does)
(iii) they don't cast local open spaces into shadow for much of the day
(iv) they have active frontages at ground level
(v) they don't reduce the tightly-knit permeability of local pedestrian routes
(vi) the design has been fully wind-tunnel tested to minimise down-draughts in the adjacent streets
(vii) they don't harm the views of St Paul's and Westminster from RIchmond, Parliament Hill and Primrose Hill,
(viii) they don't harm other local views of St Pauls and the city skyline from the Crystal Palace/Sydenham ridge
(ix) they are of a very high standard of architectural design (and not just done by the junior staff of a big name architect's practice)
(x) they will be built to the original architect's vision and not dumbed down by the developer

... which all seemed so implausible that I ended up voting No!
Friday 10 June 2005 8.58am
Well, I'm with LR. I haven't voted on this poll as my initial thought was 'Yes, but....'

I didn't want to vote 'No'

And voting 'Not sure' just completely missed the point, but was closest to my thoughts.
Friday 10 June 2005 10.31am
The Mapmaker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> my initial thought was 'Yes, but....' 'No'
>
I knew it. Mapmaker IS straight from Little Britain ;0)

...if you press it, they will come.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: