Fancy dress? Elephant and Castle

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 13 June 2005 8.13pm
Hi all

I'm going to a big party next week where the theme is "dress as you're favourite tube station" (hey, it wasn't my idea). Anyway, my boyfriend and I are going as Elephant and Castle - I've already started on a Papier Mache Elephant head for him. But I could do with some suggestions as to how I am going to go as a "Castle".

I toyed with the idea of going as a Princess and just faking it, but I'd rather manage the real thing.

So any ideas - baring in mind I'm broke, much appreciated....

Cheers
Nightfall
Monday 13 June 2005 9.20pm
Just something all-enveloping in a certain shade of pink [check on site for correct shade], with a few cheap t-shirts, DVDs, sunglasses, factory second shoes, etc., etc., pinned to it should capture a bit of the current ambience of the Elephant.
Monday 13 June 2005 9.23pm
Papier maché castellations on your head?
Monday 13 June 2005 9.25pm
The Mapmaker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Papier maché castellations on your head?

Lol, well I've already Papier maché'd my fingers together!!!
Tuesday 14 June 2005 8.27am
I had the same thing a while ago, I wore a grey skirt that I aready had and bought a really cheap gray vest top. I drew a porcullis on the frount of the top with felt tips and attached a cheap plastic toy knight in frount of it and made a draw bridge out of a bit of cardboard and a couple of bits of thread, finnished off with some cardboard turrets on my head! Extra fabric to cover the turrets and draw bridge came from another cheap vest top, with enough left over to make the elephants ears.

hmm, clearly I'm a frustrated blue peter presenter.
Tuesday 14 June 2005 9.22am
Just dress in black, with some velvet on your nose, and little round glasses.

Claim you're a mole, coming as Burrow.

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 14 June 2005 11.04am
Wow, Kirsty - thats sounds VERY blue peter, lol.

Some good ideas there - I think I'll do that.

FYI: I just finished the Papier maché elephant head - and it looks rather cool. Much better than expected!! See? I could be a three year old... :-)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: