Urban foxes

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 24 September 2002 1.46pm
Now the country folk have gone ...

Last night cycling up Druid Street, I saw a fox running across. A sight to gladden the heart.

When I lived off Blackfriars Rd two young foxes used to play on the Green behind our block of flats and practise pouncing on one another. I enjoyed watching them too.

I think the sight of urban foxes is worth any tearing apart of bin bags, which I suspect cats and rats are just as guilty of.

But if we build on every bit of spare land there will be nowhere for them to live. Do we need to learn from our country cousins and create special fox areas?
Tuesday 24 September 2002 3.20pm
I had several, cubs also....now only can see two in my garden in new kent road...
Tuesday 24 September 2002 4.55pm
I saw a couple bounding along St Thomas Street. Really quite cute. It's nice to see wildlife in the city. There are only 211,000 foxes in the whole country, acording to the Burns report - I'm sure we could fit them all up here in London where they're appreciated. Maybe they'd get rid of some of those pigeons....
Wednesday 25 September 2002 5.37am
Saw a couple one ages ago over by the "Millennium Green" and the other by the block of flats at the bottom of Hatfields.

Wonder if there is any kind of Urban Fox project , there are several organisations locally for enviromental type things, or maybe we just let them get on with it ?

All the best

Wednesday 25 September 2002 9.06am
I've seen a couple around Bermondsey Street. Never had the urge to get a red jacket out and blow a trumpet.
Wednesday 25 September 2002 1.12pm
they are a regular sight north and south of tower bridge. a bit scruffy but then they are london foxes. good rat catchers too, saw one near southwark cathedral recently with a mouthful......
Monday 30 September 2002 3.08pm
There is a whole family of them living on and around the Bricklayers Arms. Come and listen to them 'screaming' at 2am in Paragon Gardens if you want to .. now where is my gun?
Monday 30 September 2002 3.24pm
I saw one in Trinity Church Square, about a week ago.
Tuesday 1 October 2002 1.11pm
A lot of foxes live in and around the railway lines - these have a large amount of wild borders. Yet another reason to support Public Transport in London.

Mike Boyle

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: