Elephant & Castle "Regeneration" - Summer exhibitions 2005

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 15 June 2005 6.05pm
Just noticed this on the (in)famous www.into.org.uk site -
http://www.into.org.uk/elephantandcastle/

I was surprised that James doesn't appear to have had their press release...

Summer exhibitions 2005

Elephant and Castle Shopping Centre
Upper level

Friday June 17, Saturday June 18, Monday June 20, Tuesday June 2, Wednesday June 22

10am - 5pm each day

The Elephant and Castle regeneration is ready for action in 2005! Come and visit the exciting new Elephant and Castle stand for the most up-to-date information on the scheme - and view a computer-generated movie showing how the Elephant and Castle will look in 10 years time!

Elephant Links SRB programmes and arts projects will also be exhibiting work.

Southwark Council officers will be on the stand on Friday, Saturday and Wednesday.

London College of Communication
Eckersley Gallery - ground floor (off St George's Road and the northern roundabout)

Friday June 24, Saturday June 25

10am - 5pm each day

The Elephant Impacts scheme has helped transform Elephant and Castle ahead of the major regeneration programme. Striking photographs will be exhibited showing physical improvements in the area, including the cleaning and relighting of subways, refurbishment and relighting of bridges, installation of feature lighting on a number of buildings, tree lighting and tree planting. There will also be information displayed on the 1.5 billion redevelopment programme

Southwark Council officers will be in attendance on both days.

For further information contact 0207 525 4947 or email elephantinfo@southwark.org.uk

Wednesday 15 June 2005 6.18pm
Yes, I had received their press release - the omission from Monday's SE1 Direct was entirely my fault. (It's what comes of compiling the newsletter at 1 in the morning!)

Details will of course appear in next Monday's edition.

Apologies to Kura and the Elephant team for the oversight.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 15 June 2005 6.20pm by James Hatts.
Wednesday 15 June 2005 6.56pm
I'm guessing the video will be the DVD available from Southwark's website? Nice to watch and nice music to have in the background, but otherwise little meat.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: