Lovely Japanese Hairdressers...

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5
Thursday 16 June 2005 7.56pm
....are setting up shop next to the new(ish) florists on Newcomen St. Had a nice chat with aforementioned when taking junior for a spin. They reckon on opening in a couple of weeks by which time my ruggy barnet will be overdue its quarterly short-back-and-sides.....
Friday 17 June 2005 12.10pm
I can recommend them! One of the partners is a guy called Takashi who has expertly cut my hair for the past 4 years.

I am not sure but I think they will be called Marashi
Tuesday 21 June 2005 6.22pm
Jonathan K Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can recommend them! One of the partners is a
> guy called Takashi who has expertly cut my hair
> for the past 4 years.
>
> I am not sure but I think they will be called
> Marashi

Is there any reason why you don't consider these posts to be examples of advertising, Mr Hatts?! They are no different in tone and content from my previous post about a yoga class starting up in the area (which you have since removed).

Tuesday 21 June 2005 6.47pm
Atom,

I can't and don't speak for James - but I think the distinction here is between a neutral recommendation for services and an advert by someone for their own (or connected) services.

That's why you see so many of us putting "I have no connection" after our posts - to make clear it is a recommendation - not something we / our friends / our family otherwise benefit from.

*edited to say - by which I don't mean to imply that you were advertising - I don't think I saw your original post - just that people often do come on here and shamelessly plug their business*

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 21 June 2005 6.50pm by Siduhe.
Tuesday 21 June 2005 7.20pm
Siduhe has got it spot on.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 21 June 2005 8.48pm
I should have put "I have no connection", my mistake.

I don't post on here often but I do post on a variety of subjects from time to time. My post above was genuine! He's a nice guy who has cut my hair well for the last few years and I was passing my feelings on to the rest of the community, that's all!

Tuesday 21 June 2005 11.54pm
Newcomen St has suddenly come alive. Florist, art gallery, hairdressers, what next? Its so nice walking past now. For my first twenty years here we only had 'Time Recorder Rentals'.
Wednesday 22 June 2005 8.19am
Newcomen Street has suddenly 'come alive' with traffic since it was changed from one-way
west rather than east, especially when Tower Bridge has problems. And now any deliveries have
to go round the block to get into the street. Drivers had no trouble entering off Borough High St
but now have to come at it from the opposite direction if they can't fit down Mermaid Court.
Wednesday 22 June 2005 11.12am
Yes. I do agree about the traffic.
Wednesday 22 June 2005 12.17pm
the problem is mainly due to the traffic lights at the junction of Long lane and Great Dover Street which are causing traffic to back up down Long Lane as the sequencing of them appears to be wrong. The traffic is cutting through Newcomen street to get on to Borough High Street and avoid the junction from Long Lane.

Apparently the hot weather is palying havoc with traffic light as is upsetting their sensors so quite a few are playing up at the moment.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: