Its a sign...........

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 23 June 2005 3.34pm
All

Does anyone have any views on which types of street signs are better - the traditional cast ones with raised letters and borders or the newer vinyl lettered versions?

Niall
Thursday 23 June 2005 3.47pm
I have little view on the old style ones, especially at night, which I think is why we have the new-style, reflective, more visible, ones.

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 23 June 2005 11.22pm
New ones for new streets and old ones for old streets.
Thursday 23 June 2005 11.49pm
I agree with TUMJ.
Friday 24 June 2005 7.33am
I prefer the old ones, preferably high up on a wall, on a high post etc., where no little excreta bags can deface them with spray paint/ permanent marker.
If it's not cost effective Niall and the newer ones have to remain, why don't the highways department put them on posts? then of course put anti-climb paint/electric fences around them..!

you can see I've got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning!
Friday 24 June 2005 8.07am
I agree, I dont care if they are new or old style, but PLEASE put them up where they dont get scribbled on or hidden by bushes or what not and please put them in the same place every time. Trying to get around this city without causing an accident is often a nightmare. Furthermore, why is it that main drags are frequently not signed for miles and miles. You think to yourself..."am I still on Commercial Road ?" or wherever, but try and find a name - no chance. You are supposed to KNOW.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: