Empty Shop Next To SoBo on Tower Bridge Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 25 June 2005 1.24pm
Does anyone know what is likely to happen to the empty shop next to SoBo cafe on TBR?

I think we need another religious bookshop or newsagents/off licence.
Saturday 25 June 2005 1.47pm
I've heard it's going to be either a new branch of Turbo Nannies or a Guinea Pig Express. I personally would like to see a branch of Urban Haggis in TBR.
Monday 4 July 2005 12.10pm
its gonna be a chicken & chips shop... morleys i think... or was it perfect fried..
Monday 4 July 2005 3.15pm
barkyhead Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've heard it's going to be either a new branch of
> ... Guinea Pig Express.

"Fried or roasted Peruvian cuy tastes similar to rabbit and has less fat and more protein than chicken, pork or red meat."

[LR rushes off to put together business plan for rival establishment closer to the growing South American population around Elephant & Castle ]

Monday 4 July 2005 11.13pm
I actually know the new owners and it's going to be converted into a crack house.
Monday 4 July 2005 11.33pm
Mmmmmmmmmmm.........crack
Sal
Tuesday 5 July 2005 12.53pm
Mr Bridger Wrote:
> I actually know the new owners and it's going to
> be converted into a crack house.

You only have to go into the George for that!!! O my god not more compertition on TBR.
Tuesday 5 July 2005 12.55pm
Is The George really that "lively"? I've always been curious about that place. Better give it a try.

[I was rather hoping that they'd turn it into a gay send money to Nigeria shop.]

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 5 July 2005 4.55pm
Hey, you know what, people sending money home to their families sure beats self-serving concerts by artists who need to boost their record sales. And thar money gets sent more often than once every 25 years, when "Sir Bob" needs some more attention! :-)

Ivanhoe Wrote:
>

Is The George really that "lively"? I've always been curious about that place. Better give it a try.

[I was rather hoping that they'd turn it into a gay send money to Nigeria shop.].

Wednesday 6 July 2005 11.51am
Agree Osamede. Sorry if that was unclear. It was a tongue in cheek reference to conversations on the forum a while back. I'm certainly not trying to poke fun at people supporting extended families.

...if you press it, they will come.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network