Shoefayre/Flutes

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
penman Tuesday 28 June 2005 1.21pm
Does anyone know whether Shoefayre/Flutes on Borough High Street are still trading, or whether there are any plans to re-develop on these sites? Looks to me as if these shops havent seen the light of day for years - and they do look really scruffy.

janefs Tuesday 28 June 2005 1.54pm
Those shops have looked the same since I moved to the area about 6 years ago, apart from new anti-pigeon netting at the front. I understood that they are owned by Guys Hospital and thought there was a planning application for some sort of development submitted in the past year - but don't know the current state of play.
penman Tuesday 28 June 2005 3.27pm
could be opportunity there for someone to take over the leases surely...its a good location and loads of businesses seem to be opening all the time round about (eg the great new Gastronomica in bedale st and apparently new italian restaurant to open summer time on borough high street).

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions