The White Hart

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Saturday 2 July 2005 5.04pm
On a lighter note- what does everyone make of the barmaids in The White Hart on whittlesey st, who are your favourites?
Ade
Tuesday 5 July 2005 3.27pm
Daveyo you will have to help me here.... its been about 6 months since I last visited the White Hart, on that occassion there was no food, no atmosphere and no barmaids! I take it things have changed?

Tuesday 5 July 2005 3.29pm
Is this on the North side of the Cut/behind Waterloo East BR?

If so, it's my sister in law's new favourite pub. She likes the food there and rates it for value and quality. (Or so she tells me!)

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 5 July 2005 11.36pm
Mmmn, OK lets get things straight here and this is on my door step so I know. Yes everyone's clear about the pub we're talking about - big makeover, lampshades, old men and table football evicted, 20-something IPC'ers move in en masse to eat 'home made Burgers with everything' because they finally had the temerity to venture beyond the hell of the Stamford Arms. First night we ventured back, we clearly remembered both barmaids - largely because the makeover brought with it staff with ironed hair and arse tattoos in place of any semblance of memory or drink serving skills. But hey, first week and all that. On balance, things have worked themselves out over the last 2 months but news of the new pub on the block soon spread such that the pavements round the pub now resemble a festival and the final nail in the coffin for the neighbourhood - the White Hart now has a bouncer in full attire on the door at 6pm on a weekday evening. Case rested.
Ade
Wednesday 6 July 2005 8.40am
but I guess thats for the after-work crowd, does it "revert" to a local on the weekend?

Sunday 10 July 2005 9.37am
During the weekend its full again- its got a bit of a student vibe to it but in general the food is very good, the beers are cold and there are many types of foreign lager and british ales.

Cant disagree with lagse1 though, the barmaids probably havnt been through barmaid finishing school, though they seem freindly enough.

My origianl question remains, who is the most attractive one. My money is on the fat joss stone look alike although her hipster cut trousers are often a bit too low and tight for my liking, giving what can only be described as a "muffin top", which I cant decide appeals to me or not

Comments/opinions please boys and girls......
Monday 11 July 2005 11.53am
I was in there a few weeks ago, and had far too much strawberry beer to remember what the barmaids looked like... but I remember that they had one of those arcade game things in there, that you can sit either side of, and play things like Pacman.
Monday 11 July 2005 12.31pm
or Muffin Man?

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 7 October 2005 10.51am
Bring the old manager back; Richard.
He ran the pub right, staff were great, but the company did not give him any money to spend.
He was good, proof was he won many awards in the company, when all the other pubs in the group already had huge investment.
I here he won a trip to Cuba.
At the weekend the place was very quiet taken over by the locals, who were just 'orrible, but Richard handled them well. We did not need a bouncer in those days as Richard was the Best.
I heard that he was moved on to the Canonbury and then moved out of the company. Well that's what I heard from my last visit to Islington.
Monday 10 October 2005 4.13pm
yum, fruli (strawberry beer)! i like The White Hart a lot. have lived around the corner for a year and a half but just started visiting in last 4-5 months so can't compare to "the old days."
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network