Cut hole in wall

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 8 July 2005 2.37pm
I need someone to cut a hole in a wall so I can install an extractor-fan unit. I've had this done before at another house and it is done using a special attachment that fits on to a drill.

Does anyone know who could do this sort of thing for me?

Thanks.
Friday 8 July 2005 3.11pm
Jon R. PM him. He offers reasonable rates for all household work and light industrial building. Kitchens a speciality.

[TVFIC]

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 8 July 2005 3.24pm
Ivanhoe - This is either a gag that is way over my head or I'm really missing something here.

TTFN.

Monday 11 July 2005 10.53am
Sorry. Unfair of me. Jon has been fitting his new kitchen for about a zillion years (which is nobody's business but his, unless he was the kind of person who'd have the cheek to come round to one's house and make disparaging comments about one's own lack of DIY skill).

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 11 July 2005 11.46am
JGarcia - it depends on the size of hole needed (and the type of wall, and if you need someone qualified!) but I do have drill bits for cutting holes.

Ivanhoe was joking - I had a kitchen delivered from B&Q back in early February, and it's taken a while to get it finished. I finished grouting the tiles on Sunday, so I only have the sealant to put around the edges, and the cornice and pelmet to attatch to the wall units, then a bit of painting, and it'll be finished!
Ivanhoe - feel free to come round and inspect my handywork, and the coffee table with the saw marks.
Tuesday 12 July 2005 7.03am
Am I to understand that JonR and Mrs. JonR are inviting us round for a jolly with CHIPS? JGarcia...what sort of wall lhave you got? Concrete is a devil..plaster board as nought.
Tuesday 12 July 2005 7.35am
It's OK Jackie - i have found that my Plumber has the right tools:

"what you need mate is a 100 mil' core drill mate"

So I'm sorted now.

Many thanks. Hope the kitchen works out well JonR.

Regards.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: