Bongos in SE1?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 19 July 2005 9.14pm
Hi - does anyone know someone who might teach a musical moron to play the bongos? Happy to pay!
Wednesday 20 July 2005 10.59am
I like the connection between bongos and musical morons, which I'm sure is not intended.

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 20 July 2005 9.14pm
Am I right in thinking that Blake/bloke/biro plays the bongos?

Alternatively there was recently a drumming studio in Trundle St that did workshops. I believe the building may have changed hands but maybe the drum place is still there - look for the labels on the doorbells.
Thursday 21 July 2005 8.22pm
thanks, I'll follow that up - it was sort of intended - thought that bongos might be funny for a musical moron like me, but gee it's harder than you think - my fingers are already worn to the bone trying to master "martillo" - and I'm NOWHERE near mastering it yet!
Thursday 21 July 2005 9.20pm
Earlier today, whilst walking down the pedestrian tunnel from E&C centre to London College of Communications, I found an exceptionally talented bongo type player with amplification. If he teaches then I think that you don't have to look much further.

Regards

Niall
Friday 22 July 2005 5.02pm
Claire T

BongoMan in the E&C suggested that you visit Medusas' in Coldharbour Lane on Sunday at 2.00pm. They have a bongo class there at that time. He recommends it highly. Check out BongoMan at the E&C. His playing recommends itself.

Regards

Niall
Tuesday 26 July 2005 10.25pm
thanks very much Niall, will check it out on Sunday.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: