White's grounds estate danger factor

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 24 July 2005 9.20am
Hello all,

I am about to move into a flat on White's Grounds Estate, just south of Crucifix Lane. A colleague just told me that the railway underpasses at the east end of Crucifix Lane used to be a den for crack dealers. It's...erm..too late to cancel my move in anyway, but I was wondering if anyone has any experience of this area at night.

By the way, it's great that there is an online community for SE1. Nice to be here!

rev
Monday 25 July 2005 8.29am
I live just by the railway arches at Crucifix Lane/ White's Grounds at St Olaves Estate. Never heard of the crack den thing and have never seen anything untoward either. That's not say there might be that thing going on there, but if it does it's very discrete! Generally a very safe area in my opinion but the usual precautions should be taken as with any area.
Monday 25 July 2005 9.04am
I live (& have lived for over 8 years) facing Crucifix Lane on the Whites Grounds Estate & have experienced no problems whatsoever. I have lived on my own for 5 of these years as a single female & until very recently, walked my dog around the estate at all hours of the night, every night.
I have always felt safe here & am sure you will too...
Monday 25 July 2005 11.25am
Interestingly enough, when we were thinking of buying we looked at a flat opposite the estate in Whites Grounds. It was stuffed full of police survelience gear, trained onto the railway arches by the estate and we guessed then it was probably drug related. But this was at least 10 years ago, and the Whites Ground area has changed unrecognisably since then, ( this was before Sarsons was turned into flats and the area east of the estate was derelict land) - but perhaps stories live on long past the reality.
Tuesday 26 July 2005 7.03am
Thanks to all for your comments. I am now looking forward to moving in!

rev
Tuesday 26 July 2005 8.29am
My West Indian dealer lives in the Whites Grounds flats and he says the area is lovely. He's just moved there from Peckham and he says it is much nicer. It is also much more convenient for me.
Tuesday 26 July 2005 9.39am
JGarcia Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My West Indian dealer lives in the Whites Grounds
> flats and he says the area is lovely. He's just
> moved there from Peckham and he says it is much
> nicer. It is also much more convenient for me.

Great. Very very funny. Nice touch in getting the ethnicity in too.

Tuesday 26 July 2005 4.51pm
I assume that you were being sarcastic.

I wasn't.

My dealer really does live there and he is from Jamaica.

Nice chap.
Wednesday 27 July 2005 12.19pm
I didn't think you were joking. Do please introduce yourself if we're ever at a social together.

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 26 September 2005 12.23am
I live in Whitesgrounds facting the tunnels and yes there was a crack house type thing there, i saw them a lot climbing through the barbwire and though the roof of the building that used to be the moped shop, they have gone now, the police must of caught up with them.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: