Security alert at Southwark

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 28 July 2005 7.21pm
There is currently a mojor security alert at Southwark station.. station closed, roads closed. Police with sniffer dogs. We have just been told to go inside, as we were watching it from our balcony.
Thursday 28 July 2005 7.51pm
Seems to be over now. Was a bit weird as I could get no info anywhere- tuned in to BBC London, but they only mentioned about the disruption on the tube.

I can't remember the council ever informing us on what we are supposed to do in a case of emergency, by the way. Are there still shelters and the likes these days?
Friday 29 July 2005 8.47am
I would imagine it was just another random security scare - there have been hundreds over the last few weeks. I work just opposite the entrance to London Bridge tube and there have been quite a few evactuations of the tube, lots of sirens, sniffer dogs etc and then five minutes later they roll up the police tape and its all back to normal. The best thing to do is probably to go inside, draw the curtains and keep away from the windows (curtains would help stop the glass blowing into the room if a bomb went off) and have a cup of tea!
HF
Friday 29 July 2005 9.57am
Yes, there is a very high police presence at all the tube stations and it seems like they are all being costantly opened and closed. Certainly where I work in Brixton it seems shut more often then open at the moment. I'd try not to worry and get on your bike if you need to get around.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: