Bands, rehersals, music in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 11 October 2002 10.53am
Does anybody know of anywhere that can be used as a rehersal space, not even necessarily just in SE1. I know there are places like terminal, but I'm looking for somewhere that can be used as a permanent set up, maybe share a space with couple of others. Doesn't matter if its a bit dilapidated, or even if there isn't a PA in there, just as long as you can play music pretty loud.
Also, any musicians generally in SE1 please get in touch. Don't know what the scene is like round here (I'm originally from Camden where they are everywhere) but there are some things going on and would be interested in meeting.....singers,drummers,guitarists.....whoever. It's quiet on the music front round here, or seems to be. Time to get some things happening.
Friday 11 October 2002 6.38pm
Simon - you may be interested the details below. It's at Green Angels, 12 Trundle Street, (off Lant street) SE1. Borough tube. It's an acoustic percussion jam we used to do every week.

Monday 21st October: FULL MOON JAM!
The Percoustic jam will now take place every full moon, 8pm - 11pm 3 donation

ps We may be able to talk about rehearsal space but not on a permament basis as we use the space a lot - noise no problem though as there's a drum studio above!

email me directly kateEkaos@hotmail.com
Friday 5 March 2004 12.25pm
Hi. Im looking for the same thing anywhere in london, maybe a disused arches lockup or something.. Did you find anywhere?
Friday 5 March 2004 1.04pm
I asked this question a couple of months back, and it seems that space is severely limited around SE1.

If you're really willing to go anywhere in London, there is a great rehearsal studios in Acton called Survival Studios. I used to rehearse there. It's clean, quite well equipped (phone your requirements in advance), and good value for money. There's about 12 good sized rooms, with a mixer, bass amp, 1/2 drum kit, mics and stands in each, and a mirrored wall for practises rock-star poses...

We tried to find somewhere more central too...you tend only to find recording studios, or studios which cost a fortune.

Check out the classifieds in the NME too - they have ads for rehearsal spaces.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: